Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title asks, can anybody identify these wheels?

Why, You ask? Coz Im gonna buy them to put on my car. Im picking them up fairly cheap with no tyres to put on later, but there are in excellent condition as you can see. I just dont know what type of rim they are.

Can somebody help me?

·
Registered
140 Posts
blueoval,

They look like ROH ZR5 I think in a 17" by probably 8"/8.5" judging from that rim depth. I think they are no longer available but you could ring around some of the larger companies who may have a set hanging around or 2nd hand.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
yeh i have a set of these wheels and im pretty sure they are the ZR5 by ROH

they look sensational on any of the early E series cars I reckon, just dont loose the caps or ring bit that goes under the cap cos you cant buy them anymore! I had to make up my own when someone stole one from sandown carpark one day!

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hehe. you guys have misread my post. :neverlear

I meant to say, Im buying these rim from someone I know already. He has them and is selling them to me. That pic is the car they came off, in that condition. Im buying them this thursdsay! yes, these are the actual rims!

I just wanted to know what type of rim they were and I thank you for telling me. Im hoping they would look good on my car!

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone do a photoshop of my car with these wheels on them, please?

You can get pics from site below.

Thanks

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
he wants rims, then he dont, then he wants rims.....

haha good pick mate.. i likey. what width? 8"? or 8.5"?

·
2,512 Posts
yeh mate they will look sensational on your car

and you can put some nice wide tyres on 8" - 8.5" wide rims...

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jmartion said:
he wants rims, then he dont, then he wants rims.....

haha good pick mate.. i likey. what width? 8"? or 8.5"?
hehe. dam you, I know I know I chop & change more often than my underwear, but the fact of the matter is Im getting these wheels at a really good price. It was an offer to good to refuse for rims so rare nowadays.

Im not to sure on what width they are but I reckon their at least an 8".

The way Im gonna do this, I will be purchasing the rims this week. Over the next coupla weeks, Im gonna contemplate on what size tyre to have. i.e. 235/45/17 all round or 225/45/17 front & 245/40/17 rear or 255/40/17 rear. I dont know what would look best. In as far as tyre brand is concerned, Im thinking a Hankook/Simex tyre or if Im cashed up a bridgestone.

My intentions with the car will be to keep it for another year or so, just until I pay some debt (3k credit card) and then save over the next 2 years for either a house (depending on house prices) or a BAXR6t. Now , I know the majority of you guys are gonna say 'go the xr6t' but it will all depend on what the housing market is like at the time. If its low, then the house will always be first option, if not well, you know the outcome that will be :driver:

I want to save cash over the next coupla years because I want to be completely debt free for a while, and Im not sure on what that feels like. I dont have a house now(living with inlaws), I own my car as is, I dont have kids (thank goodness), and I have a reasonably good job that will allow me to save decent money in a short amount of time comfortably(re: 10-15k per year) without living like a scrooge doing it.

Im not desperate to get a house, I just want to take my time and study what I intend to do carefully.

Do you reckon this is viable?

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
go 235/45/17 all round.

simple reason is, its a popular size, and thus cheap. means you get quality rubber for best price instead of making a significant sacrifice just for an extra 10mm width.

actually i'd recommend after you do you 'debt free' bit and enjoy that, go the house over the xr6t. for sure. house appreciates value and it means you'll be in a better position to buy a new car, and it'll be newer, thus better.

you wont regret it once you're sitting in a BE falcon xr6 turbo, in the garage of your own house.

·
2,512 Posts
and if you go same size all round you can swap front to back and vice versa...

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Nice choice mate...will suit the EB very nicely

In the way of tyres, have a look at Falken(somethings) 235,45,ZR17's for $180 a tyre, sweet tyres man, not noisey and grippy as. Got em at the same place your mate bought his 19's from on marion Rd. For the money i payed i cant flaw em.

My last set where Firestone Firehawks pretty decent as well, rated one of the top tyres in OZ in a test motor or wheels did, pretty decent allrounda, there $220 a tyre, maybe $200 now.

I'd go the house too, own it for a year and its worth who knows 50K more than what you payed, equity mate......get whatever car you want.....do i hear BE GTHO..

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hehe. thanks for the positive comments fellas.

My intention with a house is Im not looking to buy a house, I want to actually build some units. 3 to be exact. I will be looking to build in brissy, 3 semi-detached villas each with their own remote roller door garage and carport. Reason for this is that my current situation consists of 3 couples in one house. Its all good at the moment coz we have our own area, but by having our own unit, I would feel alot more free than where I am now, plus if anyone couple decided to move, the unit could be rented out and wont lose income. Im also in the building trade aswell as my family, so it gives me an excellent advantage in building.

As I mentioned b4, the house will be Numero Uno b4 any car! I really want to live in Brissy so Im prepared to do what I need to to get there!

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
As for tyres, well Im prepared to try and not spend anymore than $125 if its possible. $140 at worst, but I'll be shopping around for different brands and prices.

I also got confirmation that the wheels are actually 8.5" wide.W00t! So I could go a wider tyre if I wanted to. hmmmm its tempting, but I dont want to spend too much cash. A 235/45/17 all round shoud be good enough I reckon. We'll see how close the prices will be!

If anyone hears of any good speacials or deals going around please let me know. I am prepared to spend interstate if needs be to get the right deal. Thanks boyz!

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well I picked up the wheels yesterday. As mentioned earlier, 17x8.5 which included nuts, brand new locknuts, all the caps. They are a 3 piece rim and I think they said the rim was called a ROH ZR1.

Here are the pics (sorry for the quality - taken on camera phone)

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
nice work mate. They should look schmick on your XR. 8.5" you say. Come-on you know you want 295/35/17's

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I want 295's but not the price of 295's :hehe2:

I reckon for costs sake, I'll stick with 235's!

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Very very nice wheels ;) The tyres will cost you a bomb! What does "three-piece" mean in regards to wheels?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts