Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that there is not one yet. I already run a First Gen Probe Performance Club on Yahoo and we have over 200 members there now. Also, I have pretty decent knowledge of the 3.0L engine, which was included in the 90-92 Probe LX. I am no expert, but I can try to help out a fellow Prober when the time is needed. I don't think I would have to worry much about discipline, us first gen Probe owners are pretty peacefull guys..

what do you think?

Thanks!

Marc Kennedy

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet! Now I wonder what "different" things can I do?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed that there is not one yet. I already run a First Gen Probe Performance Club on Yahoo and we have over 200 members there now. Also, I have pretty decent knowledge of the 3.0L engine, which was included in the 90-92 Probe LX. I am no expert, but I can try to help out a fellow Prober when the time is needed. I don't think I would have to worry much about discipline, us first gen Probe owners are pretty peacefull guys..

what do you think?

Thanks!

Marc Kennedy
You’re probably not even here anymore lol. But just in case there’s the slight chance you are after 20 years, I have a question. I have a 90 probe lx 3.0 v6 and I replaced the distributor and timed it. It ran for a while then lost spark. It say for two years before I did anything with it. First thing I did was replace the ignition coil. That didn’t work. Second thing I did was a tfi module and that didn’t work either. So I cleaned some grounds and it got two sparks. Replaced the pickup coil and now it only sparks when the engine is turning slow. I’m at a complete loss as to what it is now. My only guess is just grounds. Any suggestions would be a ton of help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you have a wiring diagram and / or service manual? I’ve got some stuff from that era that I can post, but it’s for the Taurus / Sable. Hopefully it will be the same.

The ignition system is connected to the EEC-IV computer. You may find a code stored, I can post the instructions for pulling those if you need it. Does your dash have the Service Engine Soon light? (The earliest Fords with the EEC-IV didn’t). If not, you’ll need a voltmeter too.

I recommend this book for anyone with a pre-OBD II Ford;

Also available from the publisher. You might shop around, but this book will teach you everything you’ll ever need to know about fuel injection, a lot of it still applies today.

As a side note, there is also a similar book for 1980-1987 Fords, with the same title and publisher.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have a wiring diagram and / or service manual? I’ve got some stuff from that era that I can post, but it’s for the Taurus / Sable. Hopefully it will be the same.

The ignition system is connected to the EEC-IV computer. You may find a code stored, I can post the instructions for pulling those if you need it. Does your dash have the Service Engine Soon light? (The earliest Fords with the EEC-IV didn’t). If not, you’ll need a voltmeter too.

I recommend this book for anyone with a pre-OBD II Ford;

Also available from the publisher. You might shop around, but this book will teach you everything you’ll ever need to know about fuel injection, a lot of it still applies today.

As a side note, there is also a similar book for 1980-1987 Fords, with the same title and publisher.
Yoo thank you so much. There is no check engine light. Just a “manual shift” and “parking brake”(because the parking brake is on because it’s on jack stands) I think I’ve ran a test on the eec before but I will try again. There’s a sticker saying the eec was replaced in 1991. I really appreciate your help man. This is my first car. I’m 16 and really want to get it running. Every car My family has had I’ve worked on and fixed but they’re all chevys lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts