Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is generally recognised as malware and it gives you an annoying "you have won an iphone" popup everytime you got to a new web page. It has taken some many late night hours for meto get rid of it and track its origins to here.:BW:

·
Administrator
8,186 Posts
Hi Blue. The ads have been a major source of discussion behind the scenes, and this is the first time this type has come up. Are you sure its coming from this site? We've got a lot of ads, but never heard any of the annoying "Congratulations-You've just won a iphone" coming from this site, but I have seen those ads on other sites in the past.

I'll forward this to Administrator and see what he can come up with.

Thanks for the heads up

·
Administrator
8,186 Posts
I forwarded this topic to our Administrator but will probably be early next week before I hear anything back. I'll keep you updated.

·
Administrator
8,186 Posts
Have you tried scanning your pc? Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download

Fla15.maxexp.com Details
Fla15.maxexp.com, otherwise known as Fla15.maxexp.com/tag1.html, is an unsafe website associated with an adware program called Browser Companion Helper which is stored in Programs Files on the affected PC. An adware program linked to Fla15.maxexp.com stops the victim’s browsing session and leads to annoying diversions to Fla15.maxexp.com and other doubtful web pages on the compromised PC through well-known social networking websites such as Facebook. It is recommended to uninstall an adware related to Fla15.maxexp.com in order to avoid diversions to Fla15.maxexp.com.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just joined today I haven't come across any pops up as of yet

and I'd have to agree with others sounds like a virus and some are not easily removed I have had one i couldn't get off so I just re-installed windows and it was gone but so wasn't my whole day

·
Administrator
8,186 Posts
Well IDK? "ad.yieldmanager" .......???

JWKO, isn't that one of ours? It sounds familiar, but I can't be sure?:idk:
Not that I have seen, and I searched them all the other night. Most of our ads are google and autoforums generated with the exception of viglink.

·
Administrator
8,186 Posts
Also if you have an infected computer, before running a scan, turn off system restore (system protection in Win Vista & 7) and reboot. Turn back on when done scanning and removing. The purpose of this is to clear all restore points which more than likely has the infection (if any) saved and can come right back.

Windows Vista and 7 - Click start, right click on Computer, click properties from drop down list, system info box will come up and it will be listed on the left.

Windows XP - click start, right click my computer, click properties from the drop down list, system properties box will pop up, look under the system restore tab.

·
Pantherholic
375 Posts
i also AVOID using Internet Explorer at all costs due to it causing more bad then good as issues come at my computer... i use FireFox or Google Chrome... fewer issues then IE

1 - 19 of 19 Posts