Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've notice many leak areas under my car, they could be from me parking there for 6 years, they could be from other people parking there when I'm not home, possible, but not very likely.

When I pulled out of my spot while it was raining, there was these whitish spots, which from what I read, and have a vague memory of from many years ago, that would be oil.

I've checked all the fluids, they are all filled where they are supposed to be, they look how they're supposed to look, a number of mechanics have not been able to find a leak, this leak is on the front right side, way up front and just inside the wheel. These leaks have also been there and I've never seen this color before.

I was told that the head gasket was going, a year or so ago, but only by Ford.

So can anyone identify this leak

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
833 Posts
Looks like coolant to me

·
Super Moderator
19,418 Posts
Never seen that color of leak before . If constant and coolant leak you should see a drop in header tank.You mention it was raining , a common fault on lots of cars is blocked bulkhead / scuttle drains which often drain out under wheel arch liner .If blocked with s**t / leaves they build up and water slow to drain or comes out elsewhere . Not sure if this applies to your vehicle .

·
Administrator
4,992 Posts
Are you sure its not just dirt or grime that has washed down off the vehicle when parked from the rain. Sometimes it can drip or run down from the wheel well where all the dust and dirt accumulates under there. Considering you saw this after some rain then it's a possibility.

If your coolant level isn't low then it's probably something external thats washed down there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts