Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in Canberra Later this month for a weekend, and I would like to ask of anyones recommendations of a Ford Dealer in Canberra.

As I am going on a weekend, I can expect that they will not be able to rectify a couple of problems for me, however I expect they should be able to carry out a 30,000km services.

So, Who is the best Ford Dealer in Canberra? I dont want 14 year old apprentices touching my car. And I dont want dickheads touching it either...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
This is a hard question! I have had bad dealings in the past with both Gregorys Ford branches at Mitchell and Braddon, but as I said that was in the past, they may be OK now. My next door neighbour is a Service Advisor at Gregorys at Braddon, if you want, I can tell him to look out for your car and make sure they do a good job on it for you. Also Braddon is the FTE dealer so you can check out and see if they have any T-Series cars there while you are at it.
There is John McGrath Ford at Belconnen, I've never had any dealings with them, other than to buy spare parts there.
There is also John McGrath Ford at Phillip, we used to get the work cars serviced there and have had no problems.
I'm not sure if they service cars on Saturdays though, I'm pretty sure Spare Parts is open in Mitchell but not Braddon.

BELCONNEN
John McGrath Ford Cohen St (cnr Josephson St)
(02) 6251 4111
BRADDON
Gregory's Motors 20 -24 Lonsdale St
(02) 6267 1600
MITCHELL
Gregory's Motors Vicars St
(02) 6267 1663
PHILLIP
John McGrath Ford 174 Melrose Drv (02) 6122 2222
If I can be of any help just drop me a line.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I've only ever dealt with John McGrath in Phillip & Gregorys in Braddon. Both these guys are great. I don't think McGrath's is open on the weekends though...

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Most dealer service departments in Canberra don't open on the weekends. Which doesn't explain why I work every saturday at the Mercedes dealer! Even spareparts usally only open till 12.00pm on saturday.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Our family have been using Brian Pollocks (now McGraths) for nearly 16 years and it has been all good. My best friend has been working there for many years now and said they have recently spent big dollars on equipment and upgrades. He said though that they have a team system and the 'yellow'? team is the one to go for.

Having said that, I'm blown away by the treatment I have been getting from City Ford at Mascot - the service guy looking after me is Kevin, via the salesman Rudy Mihajlovski (City Ford Crown Street).

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
:nuts:

If you are passing through Albury and would like your car serviced, I work at BLACKLOCKS FORD service department in Lavington (North Albury). Service & Parts are not open on Saturdays though.

If this is any help to you let me know and I can book you in.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

blacklocks ford web site
www.blacklocks.com.auhttp://

1 - 7 of 7 Posts