Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
EB wagon
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyz, i need some suggestions on this one. I got a car thats running like its going on 5 cylinders. Its mising under load and idles real badly. It doesnt stall out. Ive changed the spark plugs, leads, dizzy cap, ign coil. Ive also replaced the fuel reg, filter and changed over the MAP sensor. Ive checked the injectors and all are working ok. They were cleaned by ford about 3 months ago. When i run a ECU diag, i get code 41 which is a running lean code. Anyone have any suggestions as to what might cause this??? Ive just about given up!

Thanks

Brent

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
according to my manual code 41 means "HEGO Constantly lean". perhaps you should look to the oxygen sensor for the problem.

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
Also, it points to an exhaust manifold leak for a possible cause.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
I suggest head gasket.
EDIT: Or fuel pump....

·
Shaken Not Stirred
328 Posts
Sounds like Oxygen Sensor, I pulled mine out and forgot to reconnect it, and the car ran like a dawg! I really thought I was running an I-5!
Worth checking

·
Not a Joe Lunchpail
309 Posts
Have you checked the fuel pressure? (I see you've done the pressure regulator but if the pump isn't delivering the pressure that won't help)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my car, running rough and error code 41 on engine run test. Replaced oxygen sensor, but you also need to reset the ECU once you put the sensor in.

cheers JJJ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts