Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing through CAPA's website i see that they have blower kits available for the NA XR6's now under development.
I doesn't say when they will be available but it does give some dyno graphs,
Standard NA XR6 = 141.4 kw's
Blown XR6 = 227.7 kw's
Blown & intercooled XR6 = 258.8 kw's
Doesnt give any hints at prices yet but they aren't to bad a figures so far..
Doesn't mention what boost they are running either.

They also have blower kits for focus's available.

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
holy crap Focus aswell?!!! Me is running to their website right away!!!!

·
Banned
10 Posts
why bother with a blower,all you need is a total re-map,exhaust and cold air
you will get nearly 100kw increase like others here,or does that fantasy not apply to a i6

·
Australian Ford Member
1,442 Posts
Why bother with an aftermarket blower while it comes with factory fitted good tested and good quality tubo intercooled??????????????????

Are these guys for real?

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
flavze said:
Browsing through CAPA's website i see that they have blower kits available for the NA XR6's now under development.
I doesn't say when they will be available but it does give some dyno graphs,
Standard NA XR6 = 141.4 kw's
Blown XR6 = 227.7 kw's
Blown & intercooled XR6 = 258.8 kw's
Doesnt give any hints at prices yet but they aren't to bad a figures so far..
Doesn't mention what boost they are running either.

They also have blower kits for focus's available.
Hmmm...makes me wonder whats involved in their development when kits are already available everywhere (e.g. TSA) that make the same or even more power at a low boost of 7psi. For the Focus I understand...but for NA XR6? Why bother? IMO, if someone wants a turbocharged Falcon, buy the BA XR6T...considering the price you'd have to pay in the end for the mods (to get it up to mark or even better than an XR6T) plus insurance...there's really no point to it at all. Waitaminute....this is coming from an idiot (obviously...me) who has turbocharged his AU XR6....damn....I'll leave this thread now....

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
aRE THOSE FIGURES AT THE WHEELS OR AT THE FLY?

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Couldn't be at the fly mate...coz the standard XR6 has only 141.4kw??!!??!!??
It wouldn't be hard to deliver that kind of power...after all, the NA and the T share the same block right? Strap on a T04, tuned length turbo manifold, huge front front intercooler, custom inlet manifold (moving throttle body closer to the intercooler outlet pipe)...run at 12psi and you can easily make that kind of power. Want more? Upgrade the internals and you'll have yourself a beast of an XR6.

Waitaminute...APS is already doing that!!!! Lets wait an see how well the CAPA XR6 project turns out before we come to any conclusion.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Im suprised that the NA XR6 makes that much at the wheels. :AAHHH: Then this kit would come in handy at a later date for those that cant afford to go the whole hog for a 6t now!

·
formerly sikEA
2,142 Posts
CAPA mainly deal with superchargers, so without looking at the Article, im assuming they have strapped a Vortech or something on

While its true you could get your hands on the XR6T manifolds and such to bolt onto your NA XR6, the bottom ends are in fact different. I think XR6T runs lower comp, different slugs etc....

Interesting to see the outputs though, would make one hell of a Supercharged Sleeper :)

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
some ppl might prefer the bottom end grunt that the supercharger provides because it is directly driven by the belt so there fore it doesnt spool up, it feel like they just put a stroker motor in, personally id rather the feeling when a turbo comes on boost and all hell lets loose!!!!!

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Good on CAPA for doing it. Besides, it gives Falcon buyers/ owners the option of supercharging.

Love your sig Zetec!

·
Registered
371 Posts
l would take a bet and say that the suprcharged 6 has better driveability than the turbo.

l agree that the turbo rush that comes in at 3500rpm is addictive but it comes at the expense of low down pulling power.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I thought with the T that they just put a decompression plate in it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts