Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought one of these yet and if so what programs did it come with? I think I will get one and am interested to hear of other peoples experience and results. I have a BA MkI XR8 manual.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found part of my answer in another thread.

The $995.oo includes 3 Tunes;
- Valet (3,000rpm rev-limit)
- 96 Octane Performance
- 98 Octane Performance

I am still interested to here of anyones experience. Thanks

·
I love my FORD!
480 Posts
:( i paid $1500 for 1 custom tune.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i got mine for $995 and got it tuned after. makes much bigger difference once its tuned to the car.
i'm getting 255kw at the wheels.
from a Mk1 XR8 Manual with a cat back exhaust and a bmc filter. lots more fun to drive

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
firth said:
Has anyone bought one of these yet and if so what programs did it come with? I think I will get one and am interested to hear of other peoples experience and results. I have a BA MkI XR8 manual.
i dont have a BA but have heard about these flash tuners and there supposed to be the best first mod you can do,you wont know the car after you get it done ,I think it allows the the car to put more power out as the original tune restricts the power to 260fwkw and with the edit it got alot more.icbftte,sorry.

·
I love my FORD!
480 Posts
cat back doesn't do much for performance. mainly sound.

it is well and truely worth while getting just the capa.

·
Registered
16 Posts
dawal5 said:
cat back doesn't do much for performance. mainly sound.

it is well and truely worth while getting just the capa.
not true. depending on what cat back exhaust you get it does make a difference in power with the flash tuner as it opens up the ehaust for better flow. yes the extractors make the most difference but a good cat back will give you good power with a flash tuner.

like i said above. 255kw at the wheels with a CAT BACK exhaust, filter and flash tuner with tuning. i think with out the cat back it would be down to about 240-245kw at the wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
got one love it well worth the money 265kw to rear wheels with other mods if your not worried about petrol prices looses traction about 3000 rpm with traction control switched on fun to drive go for it

·
Magnificence in Motion
318 Posts
The Edit is worth every cent, the car is so much better, especially off the line where the factory programming deliberately holds the car back with torque truncation ( it won't let you have all the power your foot is asking for) it also cures the stalling bug in the XR8's and raises the rev limiter just slightly and you get a soft warning rather than the hard fuel cut that throws you through the windscreen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts