Ford Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Want to get a Car bra for my Xr8 (2000 model), the original car bra company are over $300, American autos have them for $203, anyone now pros or cons of any brand etc. etc. etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
is it in good condition?..why are you selling it??..whats the $ mark for you good sir??!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Its only been used a couple of times,I bought it 2nd hand for $150 of the dealer I bought the XR from ,Reason im selling is a 72 year old lady T boned me so I bought a t series instead
If you want it how does $100 sound

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
I have an Autotecnica one. Its ok, but spend a little extra and get one that fits snug.

·
Tickford Owners Club NSW
60 Posts
G'day Ian,

I've just taken delivery of an AU11 TE-50 myself. Manual, Premium brakes, FTR blue. How long have you had yours? What are your impressions of the car? Any concerns or problems?

·
Can't get enough of it!
382 Posts
Ian,

Did you end up selling this? :) I'm in the market for one if anyone has one in good condition. $341 from carbra is a little steep, sight unseen.

Alternatively, anyone in Perth got one on an AUII XR6 that wouldn't mind me checking out their bra?? ;)

Cheers,

Simon....

·
European Member
84 Posts
guys you're wasting your money on car bras. They really don't work that well. I know many people that have had them and the stones etc hit with such force that that the paint is still cracked and sometimes sticks to the bra itself. Thats why people with hot rods etc dont have them or get them made. SAVE YOUR MONEY. Plus they look like S*%T.

·
Registered
588 Posts
sjwau2xr6, Personally, I think unless you have had a car bra and seen how they can atually protect the front of your car then it's a little foolish making comments based on other people's opinions. I have a car bra, have never had a stone chip come through it or stick to it. For what they cost compared to a repaint, they are good value.

·
Can't get enough of it!
382 Posts
I have a SMALL dent on the lower portion of my bonnet caused by (I can only assume) a stone (more like a rock) hitting it.

Last time it was in for a service, I got the guys at Centre Ford to arrange a quote to get it repaired. Roll on $370 - bloody amazing. If a $340 car bra can stop this occuring (and it will again, I drive down to Augusta regularly), then IMO it's money well spent.

I don't care if it looks like shit for a round trip duration of hours once a month :)

Again, if anyone in Perth has one, or anyone has one on a AUII XR, please contact me.

Cheers,

Simon....

·
European Member
84 Posts
I they're so good why doesn't everyone have one????? It seems that fewer and fewer people are fitting them. I'd rather see the front of my car! If you're scared of a few chips then leave it at home and take the bus.

·
Snerlo
76 Posts
Hi guys, I have an AUII XR8 with bodykit and purchased a ROBCO car bra for about $320. It fits like a glove and does indeed stop chips. I must admit it looks pretty wild on the venom red paint work. I get stares everywhere I go. I recommend them. I only use it on long highway trips though. Make sure you don't leave them on the car when they are wet. I should mension that a lot of people think that they scratch the paint. Bullshit, is all I have to say. Good luck with the purchase.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I have a question to the guys with these car bras! I would have thought that the movement would scratch or mark the paint work, especially paint that has clear coat protection. Is this not the case?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Boy I sure know how to kill a thread. Can't anyone tell me if they have any experience with rub marking form car bras?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
As I don't seem to be able to edit my post I should clarify that I was after an opinion on the metalic paints apposed to the solids. I have seen for myself that the red venom paints don't seem to mark but the black and the blues appear as though they do??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts