Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
in theory,its theoretical
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a EL Fairmont Ghia with very nice paint but my car sits at home for 5-7 days not driven. I dont have access to a garage and its a rented house so nothing permanent can go in. I was looking at slide over car covers which are around $100-150 and the car has to be clean every time u put it on or u risk scratching it. I also had a quick look at the actual pergola looking ones, u no, the ones u fold out and nail to the ground. now i know i've heard of ones that rip up in high winds and scratch the shit out of cars but i figure you could cement it in or place it flush up against the shed. the ones at supercheap however looked like they are just big enough to house a mini plus they dont have sides so hail that comes on an angle will just come in the sides. does any one know of any alternatives??? Thanks

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Depending on the size of the shed, you might be able to consider a "sail" arrangement or two.

While the canopy / pergola might not offer total protection, it would be my preferred solution. I've had car covers before, and I struggle to maintain motivtion to actually cover the damn thing when your finished or want to go somewhere. And the dirt dilemma is definitely an added problem.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had one of those supercheap canopy things. It was nailed and tied down but a decent gust of wind came along and lifted one side of it. The poles came loose and dented and scratched the F*** out of the car in two places. If you use one make sure you screw all loose poles together and anchor the mother really well.

·
Fully Sick Magna Driver
625 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
off subject but this reminds be of a house i saw it had a garage door out the front....... but there was no garage just the garage door, you open it and it goes on to there driveway! LOL!
LOL WTF? Sounds like the house around the corner... got a gate but no front fence!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
the ones at supercheap fit a ea wagon under em also they are selling for the 100 buck mark, 3mX6 or 9m cant remember but it fits his car with space all round,only thing make sure it firmly in ground..

i'd go car port style gazebo the 100 bucks assures your car is under shelter,my mate has put tarps as sides on his to stop rain etc..(hail damage)

car covers dont pretect very much..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts