Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car Insurance

I carn't wait till Ford come out with there own insurance, but till then can someone in Melbourne give me an idea of a good insurance company that will insure a $80,000 XR8 with Blower?:mad3:

At the moment I am through Elders $70,000 rating 2 @ $1,600pa:thumbdown

·
blue blooded ford fan
190 Posts
rating 1 with racv and it cost me (my dads insurance thou :) ) 650 a year to insure the rx4 for 5175 agreed value!!!
shanons and CGU are the best, or try just cars. everywhere else are just a bunch of jokes. AAMI wont even let u lower the car!!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I thought Ford Credit was looking into this?. Might be wrong though. Good luck getting cheaper than that though minge. For your car living in Melb I would've thought that would be a good deal... :confused:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Ford do have their own product. It's called 'Ford Insure' which must have taken yonks to think up :rolleyes:

Minge, try Shannons. I had HDT/HSV cars insured through them. They may say no, but if you can sweet talk them and show how serious you are with the car they will consider genuine owners.

On the issue of AAMI, why would you want to insure with losers like that :?: :WH: Getting a car repaired is a nightmare.
Another issue, why is it FAI sponsored the bathurst races, yet I could never get my HSV insured with them. Might be why they went bust....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hey laminge,
I thought Shannons would be the go for insurance but as it turns out, or so I was led to believe by the Shannons rep at the last motor show, they've gotten out of newer cars and are olny now insuring older cars,"classics" maybe.:(
I always thought they were good after one of my mates XY was stacked into and promptly fixed by them in Melbourne. Now I've got my Ghia insured with RACV. Never had any problems with them with any of my cars, mind you I could be getting ripped by em!
Rastus

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
laminge said:
Guys I tried shannons they wanted...... wait for it.....

$5,500.00

What a rip off:rolleyes:
Oh I forgot - they don't insure crazed clutch killers... :wink2: :D

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
laminge said:
Guys I tried shannons they wanted...... wait for it.....

$5,500.00

What a rip off:rolleyes:
Oh well, looks like the Motor show guy was a fool and they do cover late model stuff. But with prices like that, who cares.
Rastus:CraZ:

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
My XR6 got a year's worth of insurance bundled with the finance via Ford Credit. The insurer is Swann Insurance, which is a wholely owned subsidiary of CGU. The quote was $250 less than NRMA who I've always insured through previously. The only quote I found cheaper was with AAMI, and I'd sooner flush cash down the toilet than insure with that pack of thieving criminals.

Best bet is an insurance broker minge, they often find good deals for modified cars.

Think yourself lucky it's only $1600p.a! Insurance costs in Sydney are through the roof, my car is $1500p.a., rating 1 (60% n/c), under 30. :mad:

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
Try Just Car Insurance, I'm with them for around $1k a year (21 Year old, Rating 5) with a few performance mods

The guy on the phone said these exact words "Mate, you can turbocharge the car and we'll still insure you" :D

They will insure any mods as long as it's legal and done properly - (ie. not a backyard job)

Give them a go - they are backed by AAMI.

For $5,500 my mate was enquiring about getting a Supra Twin Turbo and he's 18 and Rating 6!!!

Jase

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
TickfordEB
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing