Ford Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forums!

My 2020 Escape Hybrid (Titanium trim) is having some strange electrical issues - when I attempt to start the car the green LED light on the start switch flashes on and off rapidly and needless to say the car won't fully start. The dashboard screen doesn't illuminate. The SYNC radio/etc work only when I press the power on button, and when I turn it off I get a "Vehicle Network Communication Error."

Interestingly, when the start switch LED flashes, the power steering is active. But, the transmission gear selector is locked, so I can't change the gear.

I tried jumpstarting it but that didn't work - a voltmeter plugged into the battery posts showed a 13.1 volt reading.

I've had the car for about 10 months and a little less than 7000 miles on the odometer -- it's fairly new.

Anyone else experience the same problems? I am thinking it's something electrical related and hopefully there will be a quick resolution to this.

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
22,430 Posts
Get it booked into dealership for checking and repair under warranty . May be something as simple as a possible software update needed . I wouldn't mess about trying to solve the fault as it may invalidate your warranty .

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the forums!

My 2020 Escape Hybrid (Titanium trim) is having some strange electrical issues - when I attempt to start the car the green LED light on the start switch flashes on and off rapidly and needless to say the car won't fully start. The dashboard screen doesn't illuminate. The SYNC radio/etc work only when I press the power on button, and when I turn it off I get a "Vehicle Network Communication Error."

Interestingly, when the start switch LED flashes, the power steering is active. But, the transmission gear selector is locked, so I can't change the gear.

I tried jumpstarting it but that didn't work - a voltmeter plugged into the battery posts showed a 13.1 volt reading.

I've had the car for about 10 months and a little less than 7000 miles on the odometer -- it's fairly new.

Anyone else experience the same problems? I am thinking it's something electrical related and hopefully there will be a quick resolution to this.

Cheers.
I just had this exact same problem, except that the car stranded me on the road. It only had 9000 miles on it. Just had it towed to the dealer and am waiting for a diagnosis. Not good. Not happy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 escape hybrid, 14,500 miles, same problems, had dealer tow it in , they have hade it a weeek with nothing resolved

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just experienced exactly the same error. My dashboard and navigation panel blacked out. Then the car stopped running. I could not even turn in hazard light. I was in the middle of a busy interception. Ford roadside assistance and queens Ford dealer handled the response so poorly, I ended up calling AAA. I was told to call 911. I asked about use of manual key to bypass. I was told if I’m unhappy, call sales. Roadside and service department also tried to tell me that the other group was responsible to take care of roadside service call. Roadside assistance literally said it cannot reach dispatch and will call there nearest dealer which sadly enough was who sold me the car. When AAA took me to the dealer, dealer service department said they didn’t receive the ticket from roadside. They then went on to tell me maybe my car got wet. When I told them about the location of the interception, they said isn’t there a gas station on the corner. Wow!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
2020 less 9k miles. Nothing I was driving on a perfectly sunny Saturday. In the middle of road dashboard and navigation went black then car shut down. Ironically the car won’t stop connecting with my phone vis Bluetooth, I let having to call back AAA and Ford roadside because they can’t hear me. Phone kept connecting to car but since radio was dead, I can’t hear them they can’t hear me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi everyone, saw a lot of activity and forgot to update !
I ended up getting a tow to the dealership and fortunately they were able to replicate the issue. I think some electrical wiring got loose.
For info this was a 2020 escape with a little less than 7000 mi on it.

Some comments in the service notes - no PCM communication, disconnected c1035a and c1035b connectors, checked fuses - checked ok, reconnected/secured c1035a and c1035b, issue cleared, possible threading on c1035a and c1035b

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another word, all of us basically have a new car. I started to look into 2020 FORD ESCAPE SUV AWD | NHTSA. Others have reported similar issues. This specific one, 11429755, reported identical issue to my experience. It was in CA. They can’t blame it on a puddle! I encourage everyone on this thread to report your issue to NHTSA so we can put lemon law and market wide recall in force. We should not be settling for repair under warranty. The way Ford has handled customer service is a horror show. I reported the precursor to this issue to dealer and sync. They did nothing. Apple level 3 had to step in to help me fix the sync issue over a weekend when we thought it was just Bluetooth phone connection rated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My favorite part is the healthy report sent by owner.Ford, generated by the system last night still says my car is healthy

·
Registered
5 Posts
All of us have moral obligation to escalate this to NHTSA and state authority. This could have happened to a driver in the middle of night on a highway. I’m a single woman who live and work in NYC. I was lucky that I didn’t get run over in middle of night

1 - 11 of 11 Posts