Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in the Falcon area, but hope to get a bit better idea here.

My car has done 104,000km. and from what I know (Only got it at 100,900km's)
it hasn't had the 100,000km service done, it's idling a bit rough, the drive belt has cracks in it (small ones), and it hesitates sometimes when I go to hit the gas.

What would I need to get done for the 100,000k service, and how much would it set me back.

The car is a 1998 AU Fairmont Ghia with the VCT I6
Cheers.
Ben

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
a price is a bit hard, not sure as to what is causing the hesitation...
Could be plugs, leads, injectors requiring a service... But without those items, I'd go with the 4-500 mark. Do the brake pads need doing? Has the A/C been serviced recently? I thought the belt was recommended for replacement at 90k service.

Do you have the owner's handbook handy? (wife has the car a the moment, so I can't check mine) If you do, it should list the hours required for the basic service, and what they replace.

·
EF & ZH owner
620 Posts
i'd do the following -

*Change your leads and Spark plugs
*Change your oil and oil filter
*Change your fuel filter

That's what i'd normally worry about first and there very easy things to do.
I doubt that it'd be your injectors my car has 220kms on it and its never had injector problems.

As for the idling a bit rough could be your timing, I'd definetly go the plugs and leads first and see what happens from there, I could nearly bet thats why its hesitating when you hit the gas.. its a realitivly new car.. so yer. As for the drive belt, Replace it! there only a few bucks!

·
EF & ZH owner
620 Posts
why take it to a dealership that's gonna charge you 60-70 dollars an hour to do a 15minute job that'll cost around $50 to do yourself? lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XCHASR said:
why take it to a dealership that's gonna charge you 60-70 dollars an hour to do a 15minute job that'll cost around $50 to do yourself? lol
I know I can change the plugs, the leads, the oil etc.

But the drive belt.... :AAHHH: That thing is HUGE!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts