Votes: 55 20.1%
  • New Head Unit, Amp Running Sub and Speakers

Votes: 129 47.3%
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I picked the 3rd one.

I have a Sony CDX-CA900 h/u which has the stock front 4" speakers and a pair of 6" pioneer 180w 3 ways hooked up to it. I also have an Alpine MRF-255(?) 4ch amp plus channel for sub hooked up to a 12" Jelich sub in an unported box.

Performance wise its not too bad, but a decent set of splits to the front wouldnt go astray! :1speaker:

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Well mine as per my signature, all the speakers run off my head unit, the sub is in a sealed box and run by an amp.

Jason

·
Registered
256 Posts
jvc head unit. 4x100wat amp running pioneer 4" splits front and 6" splits rear. kicker solobaric sub with alphine 1000wat amp. it was sweet :) took it out though cause was selling car :(

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
And I am to guess you have sold the car !! .... :0)

·
Fords biggest Freak
663 Posts
I chose the third option. Pioneer MP3 player with Pioneer 6x9's running off it. Pioneer Amp running a Pioneer 10" 500watt Sub. Soon to upgrade the amp and get a Kenwood Sub.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had to choose the 2nd option, but i also have a clarion 6.5" indash widescreen, PS2, and stacker. I have all the power cable and RCA leads all run to the boot, but im still running stock speakers at moment and no amps and subs.

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
I have a sony blackscreen deck not sure of model number, running a set of focals up front, kenwood 6 by 9's down back and 3 JL 12W6's in the boot. The subs are run off a caliber 1250wrms monoblock and the speakers are run off a jaycar 4 by 100 until I can get an audison for the focals.

Dan

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
they should but the amp isnt connected up yet. I started a new job and the boot is full of crap I need so Im bassless for a little while longer.

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
I have the standard 6 stack in Dash head unit. Thats Driving 4 Eclipse 5x7's. And this week I'm having a R series Alpine 10" sub and a Alpine 700w mono amp installed, just to get some hard bass down low.

·
HYPER-6
593 Posts
I'm running a pioneer head unit and pioneer 6inch splits in the front. Plan on getting new 2way 6inch speakers for the rear. And run all the speakers off an amp. And then getting either a 12inch sub or 2 10's and run that off a seperate amp. .... just need the $$$.

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
Dansedgli, are they the old school w6's or the v2 series?? Should be sweet once it's all up and running :) I've had several JL's in my possesion and i highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quality sub that wont lighten your wallet too much... cept for the W7's :p

Also, are you getting the LRx or VRx? I was savin for the Audison VRx 1.500 in shadow chrome, but unfortunately other matters in my car had to be tended to and a $3000 amp wasn't really in my budget anymore :p

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
They are the older ones.
Ill be getting the Lrx for my focals. Im not keen enough to splash out $3000 on an amp when that could nearly finish buying the rest of the parts I need for my turbo project or even a nice EA to put it all in.

I would really like to have 2 10 incher kicker L7's though instead of the Jl's. I hear they go pretty loud for their size and in small boxes.
I start a new job today and I need to use the boot. To make matters worse Im putting the car on LPG cos my daily driver is a 351 cleveland and I cover around 400kms a week for this new job.

Anyone have any money tree seedlings for me? : )

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
DansEdgli said:
Anyone have any money tree seedlings for me? : )
Throw some my way if you do have any....hehe

·
Smashed Gecko Racing
164 Posts
I'v got an Alpine MP3 player running to a 600Wmax amp that runs my Eclipse Point Source 5X7's in front doors n parcle shelf...

In the next week or 2 i will have me subs and amp paid off. I will then have 2 Rockford Fosgate HE2's and a Rockford Fosgate 601s amp (??? not sure if that is the exact model number)...

I'll let ya know how it goes when i get it all in!

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
XplodE said:
I'v got an Alpine MP3 player running to a 600Wmax amp that runs my Eclipse Point Source 5X7's in front doors n parcle shelf...

In the next week or 2 i will have me subs and amp paid off. I will then have 2 Rockford Fosgate HE2's and a Rockford Fosgate 601s amp (??? not sure if that is the exact model number)...

I'll let ya know how it goes when i get it all in!
Time to change your user name methinks :)

1 - 20 of 166 Posts