Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't there a Car Wash section here at one time??

My first black car -Is there anything I need to know about waxing? What type of wax? Someone mentioned to get a black wax but there are not many.

I thought I would try a good quality carnauba wax instead of the synthetic based waxes I've used in the past.

·
Super Moderator
7,632 Posts
Our Pontiac is black, I've always just used Turtle Wax Ice. Works quite well and lasts. There are other polymers similar, but I cannot vouch for them. When we first got the car, I used to wax it when the weather broke in the spring, and then in the fall for the added protection against the winter. The fall application really didn't need it, but the spring really did, so I maintained the habit for quite a few years.

·
Super Moderator
18,927 Posts
Cant remember the last time I polished a car but my son is obsessed with keeping his cars immaculate and uses Autoglym products . A friend bought a black Range Rover , looked brilliant . Only thing was it was very high maintenance to keep it that way and he spent as much time washing / cleaning it as he did driving it .

·
Administrator
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yesterday, the old lady brought in Meguiars carnabua and said thats all our small Walmart had except for cleaner wax and turtle wax in the green container. I guess that's what we'll use since she bought it. She's in charge you know.

Also ordered some Husky floor liners. Had good luck with WeatherTech in the past but they are too expensive these days.

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Yesterday, the old lady brought in Meguiars carnabua and said thats all our small Walmart had except for cleaner wax and turtle wax in the green container. I guess that's what we'll use since she bought it. She's in charge you know.

Also ordered some Husky floor liners. Had good luck with WeatherTech in the past but they are too expensive these days.
I mostly use Meguiars products and find them a quite good.

·
Administrator
8,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've used the cleaner wax and its very good at removing minor imperfections but didn't seem to last long. I'm sure the Carnauba will last longer.

The Husky liners fit very nicely. The back floorboard mat is one piece that covers the center hump. CarID had them here the next day, free ship.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
jwko
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing