Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a CARBON FIBER DASH KIT for my 91 PGT for 10 years now, and have been unsuccessful. If anyone knows were to get one please let me know.

·
Just some guy...
553 Posts
So far the only one that I've been able to come across is under the following thread:

Probe/MX6 Interior/Exterior Styling Modifications/Ford Probe Dash kits

Unfortunately they don't make the actual replacement parts for the 2nd gen(it's a stick on), but they do have some replacement parts for other, maybe the 1st gen.

That's about the best we can do unless anybody else has suggestions.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I say you get creative and DO IT YOURSELF!!! Take the dash apart, rip out the pieces you want to be carbon fibered, prep the surface real well, go to a performance shop, get carbon fiber film, and glue it on the selected pieces!!!!
You say youve been looking for 10 years? I couldnt look for 10 days without starting to think of doing something on my own...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've already started doing that with the FOLIOTEC carbon fiber kit. With this you have to do whole pieces at a time. And too much carbon fiber begins to look tacky. That's why I want a prefab kit, they are so much cleaner. Remember less is more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts