Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience with AED HO-HP or Proform Race carbies?
I'm looking at running a 750 dp HP carby although they reckon either of these carbs will flow more than the advertised 750cfm, they say about 830cfm.
Below is a pic of the Proform, it looks pretty trick.

·
Registered
343 Posts
How much cheaper are these things, surely you would go with the proven Holley or Barry Grant before touching these.... After all we are only talking a max of 1k for a proven product.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Yeah, I'd just go a 750HP out the box. If your want more CFM, just buy an 850.

What will you be revving your stroker to?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xb351coupe said:
How much cheaper are these things, surely you would go with the proven Holley or Barry Grant before touching these.... After all we are only talking a max of 1k for a proven product.
They each retail for about $800 but I'm not worried about the cost, just wondering if they're any good compared to Holley or BG.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TruBlu351 said:
Yeah, I'd just go a 750HP out the box. If your want more CFM, just buy an 850.

What will you be revving your stroker to?
Cheers TruBlu351, it should rev past 7,000 easily, maybe 7,500. I was thinking 850cfm but I don't want to over-carburate it. From what I've read, a 750 will provide better response through the rev range although a 850 will make slightly better top-end power. What do you think?

·
Registered
181 Posts
The AED race series carbs are a trick carb, if money is no problem. The 775cfm was too small for my engine and an 825cfm at $1400 was a tad too exspensive for me. They do flow more than advertised and some people are getting good results from these carbs. Iwent 850 mighty demon in the end only because of the cost of the others. JMO.

·
74 XB Fairmont
5,113 Posts
A 750dp Ultra HP would be the go but a 750dp should fuel that without any problems. For example : I had a 830 anular on the 351 to 7000rpm. It was bolted onto the 393 no jet changes and the mixtures where perfect. The only change was the power valve. The 393 rev's to 7600rpm.

If your going a 850 for more power? Go the 950dp ultra HP. Forget the 850dp.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
"Theoretically" going to 7000 needs 775cfm and 7500 needs 830cfm, but as Brenx said, there are good results to be had with the 750hp....not to say the BG's or Proform's wouldn't perform well either.

The BG King Demon is a nice piece of kit.....but as always comes at a price (US$1100). You can change the CFM of the carb by inserting different sleeves. One carb fits all :hy:

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...goryId=23715&parentCategoryId=10271&langId=-1

The Proform, from what I can tell, is just a copy of a 750HP anyway? (with funky anodized metering blocks). They're US$50 more that a Holley equivalent.

It would be nice to see back to back dynos vs "average" hp and tq up the rev range vs peak numbers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts