Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Boss 330 said:
'05 Ford GT alloy block, '05 GT heads, Demon RS Carb, Aviaid dry sump system, Electromotive XDI ignition, Moroso Vacuum pump.

but why ?
will it pass emissions and wouldnt better injection make more hp ?

·
DOHC 5.4 Racer
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
atec77 said:
but why ?
will it pass emissions and wouldnt better injection make more hp ?
No emission issues, It's a drag race engine. I have been running OEM Ford 1997 electronics for five years with good success. The engine was topped by a cast shortrunner manifold that I built, (Actually four different versions). The Ford EDIS ( Electronic distributorless ignition ) limited rpm to around 7900-8100. Some issues have surfaced with in cylinder mixture distribution, causing less than optimum combustion. It seems to have indicated an issue with injector targeting or the injector being too close to the valve. I really have no interest in building yet another manifold with a raised injector location. The Carb should take care of the atomization issue. The electromotive Direct ignition will fire at very high rpm allowing a raised 8500 rpm max. If i can get everything in the cylinder to burn it should pick up a good bit of power.

Here's a link to a shootout i attended during the summer. There's a pic of the EFI equiped engine. There thumbnail images, Click to enlarge.

http://musclemustangfastfords.com/events/mmfp_051100_shot/

·
FRITZZ
81 Posts
hp??

·
Randy Williams
63 Posts
so what's the hp difference going to be supposedly? it's still bad ass though. to many wires to deal with when building fuel injection. i'm sure that motor probably costs 15k or even more though. that's the only down fall....

still awesome though

·
need BOOST
272 Posts
Thats seriously impressive. I was reading that article on the way to work a couple weeks back.

How soon before your back at the track with the carb and new ignition setup?

·
5.4L 3V torque monster
15 Posts
hey al... i just put a 5.4 3v in my 96, and i am going to fab up stepped heades for it. any resommendation as to a header pattern i can use to save time with trial and error. what tube pattern should i use. i have considered using 4.6 pattern with very short first bends on the primaries. to clear the frame rails. then there is a lot more space between the exhaust ports and the motor mounts. i am going to route the #1 cylinder tube just above the mount #2 just above that one, very close to the block. #3 and #4 in standard locations. do you have an example of how you make them to fit into a stock frame? i am going for torque mainly. stepping 1 1/2 to 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 to 3 1/2" collectors. how do you pattern it for the driver's side. the header i made out of stainless routes tube #5 out 1" then down below the ports then straight back until it clears #6 then angles against the block until it clears #8 then bend down. #6 bends straight back even with the ports until it clears #8 the bends down. #7 and #8 just bend down enough to clear the steering shaft. the point is a am trying to avoid the steering shaft all together. running 2 tubes to one side of the shaft and 2 on the other seems the hard way. if i use 4.6 headers, do i just shorten the primaries at the ports and use them or is there more i need to do? thank dude.

·
5.4L 3V torque monster
15 Posts
will it cost me much if i forget about equal length long tubes but use even spaced steps?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts