Ford Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys been doing things to my MGM little by little. Put a true dual system with FM 40s throttle body spacer and k&n air filter w factory air box. Today i had the lower two cats cut off but left the upper two so I can pass emissions. This is the 281 4.6 v8 with 4 cats all together. But I def feel a loss of power when I step on the gas it doesn't jump out like it did as soon as u hit the gas anymore :( but it does have more power when I step on it on the highway ??? Did I mess up doing this? Should I take off the throttle body spacer? People said it's a waste some say it helps. Should I buy new cats and put them back on? Any help would be appreciated. Also these are the original cats car only has 99,400 miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I would start by removing the throttle body spacer.
As with anything when building do one step at a time.
Not sure why on a fuel injexted engine one needs a throttle spacer.
Carb'd engines do it increase the plenum space garner a bit more low end torque.
Sounds like your spacer moved the powerband higher.
Removing the second cats shouldn't have really effected back pressure, any at all.
Then without long tube headers, wouldn't expect any real change for that mod...

·
Registered
'01 Mercury GM, '07 F-150, '08 Mustang GT, '77 F-150, '95 T-bird
39 Posts
Glad you got it back, was gonna say check hoses. I'd scrap the spacer, just snake oil.:cool:
Blue? Really?:giggle:

·
Super Moderator
9,477 Posts
HEY! Don't go knocking the blue loom... this one isn't photoshopped:

·
Super Moderator
9,477 Posts
Sorry, re-read the post, the first part was a bit of sarcasm. Nice! I'm glad to see someone else is crazy enough to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts