Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all, I have an XF currently running straight gas, but petrol is hooked up.

Apparently the cat convertor is not legally needed in australia if you are running LPG, is this true?

If so, what do I have to do to LEGALLY remove this?

Cheers people. :)

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
remove the tank and fuel lines, fuel pump etc and ring your local Transport Department and notify them it is now dedicated LPG only

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK cheers for that tibbo, would that require a new RWC?

Hmm, I might just ring them anyway and enquire bout it. :)

Cheers mate :)

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
nah nothing to do with a RWC just a current gas certificate in the glovebox wouldn't hurt...
Its just so Qld transport can change their files so if you were to be inspected it would have LPG as the only fuel,, not much different if you ring them when you change the primary color of the car

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tibbo said:
nah nothing to do with a RWC just a current gas certificate in the glovebox wouldn't hurt...
Its just so Qld transport can change their files so if you were to be inspected it would have LPG as the only fuel,, not much different if you ring them when you change the primary color of the car
OK cool, that's the next thing, getting a new certificate, as the current one has run out, thanks for the help mate. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts