Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I picked it up last night and although initially little reserved about my colour choice (let my girls pick it), can confirm that I am very pleased with my decision. This would be my first ‘stock’ car that I have owned for many years so it will be interesting how long I will last. Currently I love it just the way she is!

After less than 5 minutes of driving it, I christened the car on a spoon drain, scrapping the underneath of the bumper!! I’m bloody used to driving a 4x4 so I better get that out of my system. Oh well hopefully that’s that out of the way and the rest will be smooth sailing.

She’s was built for me in 2004 and is a manual, has 18” wheels, tint and of course premium sound, plus all the protection coatings as well. My custom plates will be coming in a few days so don’t mind my poor attempt to add them here for the purpose of your amusement.

I have to say, this forum and its members has been a great influence on my purchasing decision. Thanks fella’s

Cheers,
Colville

Attachments

·
17" is for 4cyc
1,859 Posts
Congrats Colville, very nice looking bulge. The colour is one of the best imo..............

·
Registered
695 Posts
lol it shines!!!!!!!!!! great stuff.

Yes it will take a bit of getting use to with the (according to me) extra low fronts. That was one of my first "complaints" on the BA XR8s. Anyhow yu will get use to it. Careful at shopping centres when parking infront of a curb. :eek:)

·
Be proud if its LOUD!!!!
81 Posts
All I can say is that is one horney looking car got to love that bulge and that colour

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
Sen-effen-sational!!

BTW, did you used to own an AU XR in galaxy blue (your old avatar)?

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XRated said:
Sen-effen-sational!!

BTW, did you used to own an AU XR in galaxy blue (your old avatar)?

Thanks for the kind comments fella's. Yes my avatar was my last galaxy blue XR8. It was a great machine indeed. :angel:

Attachments

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
Well done,

Once you have driven the BA, you wouldn't want to be in anything else!

You will soon learn what you can drive over at speed! I find that mine is a lot easier to drive than the AUII as I was always scraping that on something.

·
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O
571 Posts
Very nice,Congratulate your girls on a fine choice of colour
ENJOY.

Cheers,Ray.

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
very nice lookin car you got there.....1 of my favorite colors too

good to see its sparkling :p

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Fantastic looking XR8 Colville! Congrats and I hope you enjoy some great driving in that beautiful machine. :)

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Looks good CDAA. Nice choice :hy: well done..

·
FFing Festive
597 Posts
Well done Colville, been a long wait I bet. Very nice indeed. Look forward to reading of your exploits in this new machine.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
great choice mate :)
looks damn nice, woulda been hard to give up your old XR!

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Genebaby said:
Top stuff CDAA, I noticed your avatar change and figured I'd look here for a pic or two. Looks great in that pic, where are the rest??.... :)

lol... I know..I will add some more soon, justed wanted to wait for the new plates to come in first. As soon as there on I will take some more.

Thanks for the kind comments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts