Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like cell phones, but I say DO IT, make it law everywhere to stop folks from using Cell phones while driving. NY state appears to be ready to ban usage of cells (handless) while driving. While it probably causes no more wrecks then someone reaching for a CD MANY CELL drivers just are not paying attn and do things that they would not be doing if they were PAYING ATTN.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Looks like its a law now, according to the news. I agree with it also, I mean have you ever tried talking on the cell phone and driving a manual through rush hour traffic? It's not easy, nor fun. Usually if the phone rings in my car, I answer it, but I make it REAL quick. Or I call them back when I reach my destination. The handless sets look good, some look cheap, but I am thinking about getting the one that plugs into the cig lighter, and then you tune your radio to a certain station and you can hear their voices on your stereo speakers instead of a weak speaker built into the unit..

How many states is that law in now?

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
yeah i wish they would either ban or restrict cell phones in cali.. seems everyone has one (but me) and they alll pretty much only use them when driving.. and most people can't walk and chew gum let alone drive and talk on the phone.. I don't mind if they make hands free manditory. will improve the situation.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Would be nice if they did this in Texas. That is how I was in my wreck. The idiot behind me did not see me stopping cause he was dialling someone. He admited that.

I say get rid of them. ;)

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
I wish the state of GA would make it a law as well.

P

·
0 Posts
Yes, Gov. Pataki signed it into law a few days ago. Starting Nov. 1. you will not be allowed to use a cell phone without proper handsfree equipment and if you get caught you will be subjected to a warning first. From Dec 1. fines will go as high as $200.
Suffolk county already banned cell phones...
I couldnt agree more...

·
Probe Member
74 Posts
You guys can STILL use 'hands free' car kits, can't you? We've had laws here for a long time that forbid using the phone 'in your hand' while driving, but you're still allowed to use those that are residing in cradles.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
As Homer said we have had those laws for years. But I sometimes wonder when you see people fumbling with lighters, changing CDs or radio stationS, what is the difference. End reasult is that the drivers aren't concentrating on what they are doing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts