Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
The central locking actuators on the EF/EL Series are slow and noisy unlike the AU series ones.

wondering if anyone knows if their the same fit or anything in those lines?

i havent ripped a au apart yet! so i have nfi!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
yes i believe the actuators would with minor modfications maybe.. e.g like swapping the plastic rod that pushes the button up, might be different lengths. The actuators might mount different to the door, but i dont see why it couldn't be done... ANYONE?

·
Registered
594 Posts
yeah, i reckon it could be done with a minimum of fuss. the only thing i would be carefull of is the the signal coming from the body control module. the later system might have a different type of signal to actuate them as they are solonoids in the new ones and little elecric motors on the older ones.

i doubt you could damage anything, but it would be worth checking that they work before modifying the doors etc.

·
Registered
594 Posts
yeah, i reckon it could be done with a minimum of fuss. the only thing i would be carefull of is the the signal coming from the body control module. the later system might have a different type of signal to actuate them as they are solonoids in the new ones and little elecric motors on the older ones.

i doubt you could damage anything, but it would be worth checking that they work before modifying the doors etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts