Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ford Freak
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting centre locking but i want to install tibble from a eb but i want to keep my ea ghia door trim i put in. Can i do it my car is a fairmont 89 with cfi and are there any plans that show how to do it

matt

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Back in '01 or '02 Sundeep posted that the parts for a tibbe lock conversion new from Ford were only $70-something? I never got around to it. The central locking kit itself wouldn't be too expensive... I got one for $30 from Jaycar though I've yet to see whether it's very good...

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Unless quality has gone down hill since about 15 years ago, I have used a set in my XF for ages about 6 years they worked all the time everytime.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Yes. You will need to retain your old lock buttons and arms as the Tibbe ones are a different shape and will require cutting the door trim.
As to plans etc., I have none, but I suggest you get the setup s/h, and get it yourself so you know where everything goes. Take a camera along to help your memory.
I can't remember offhand if the serI Fairmonts had central locking wiring or not, you'd better check before going too much further as installing that wiring requires you to remove the seats so you can run the wire under the carpet.

Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts