Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting stuff here.. the first time I've watched this sh!tstirring piece of journalistic tripe for some time!!

The testing was done at Ford itself, so we know the results are accurate :D Anyhow, here's a link to the story..

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/stories/750.asp

Good to see these snake-oil products put in their place (the crapper). :thumbup:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Mate,
I have a guarenteed fuel saver method, unfortunately it's hard activated. It's called the right foot, apply less pessure and you'll have fuel economy. :D :D

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
ef falcon guy

you're kidding, right? that's impossible! i mean, there's nothing to stop my foot from being planted to the floor and i have a really heavy foot... it takes so much energy to keep it off the floor. :D bah, screw fuel economy! just as long as you're having fun!

·
Powered by HAD
1,328 Posts
Interesting that this should be brought up tonite...

Me and dad went to the local Ford dealer and while he was looking at the 4wd's i went lookin at the falcons. I noticed on the fuel economy labels that for the falcons with the standard six and an auto, that the rating varied from 13L/100km to 11L/100km.
Strange i thought especially when the car with the lowest rating was a wagon(ie most weight), and that four falcon SR's that were the same all had different ratings.

Got me thinkin anyway, how different can each individual motor be?

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
Hey I have an Idea...You will only need 7 of them for a 105% saving! figures like that you will be draining your fuel tank!

Seriously though how can you increase power with less fuel? it's all baloney.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
adviliax said:
ef falcon guy

you're kidding, right? that's impossible! i mean, there's nothing to stop my foot from being planted to the floor and i have a really heavy foot... it takes so much energy to keep it off the floor. :D bah, screw fuel economy! just as long as you're having fun!
hehehe note what i said about it's hard to activate i never bother myself. :p :p Besides giving to it in baby i still get 12L to 100km.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Seriously if you drive a falcon don't even think of fuel economy. :D :D

Buy a Charade 3 cyclinder for economy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts