Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, quick question on behalf of a friend:-

Can the seats from a Fairmont/Ghia/XR fit into a BA XLS easily? H eants leather but it isnt an option on the XLS, so he's thinkig of doing a swap.

I know the Ghias have the ajdustable seats, but can you just put them in without hooking all that up?

Thanks for your help.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
What about speaking to herrod's? don't they do leather upgrades???

·
If all else fails-GAS IT!
114 Posts
back2thefutura said:
Guys, quick question on behalf of a friend:-

Can the seats from a Fairmont/Ghia/XR fit into a BA XLS easily? H eants leather but it isnt an option on the XLS, so he's thinkig of doing a swap.

I know the Ghias have the ajdustable seats, but can you just put them in without hooking all that up?

Thanks for your help.

I just had the xr series leather fitted to my XLS, and if you don't want the XR logo then get a XLS logo made and put over the top.

I think the leather in the xr series is better looking than the fairmont stuff which is a different colour and is plain compared.

cheers
Red

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
If you put in power-adjustable seats without hooking them up, you won't be able to adjust them. Sorry for stating the bleeding obvious, just answering the question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
you dont have to change the seats just get them recovered in leather the way you wont them, i had the seats console lid handbrake and door trims covered in two tone grey with pleat,s and the xr logo on the seat backs look better then the ghia saets ,they look to plain [email protected] in cochranes rd moorabbin ph 0395325338
did mine and i,m more than happy with the job they done

·
114 Posts
xrute said:
you dont have to change the seats just get them recovered in leather the way you wont them, i had the seats console lid handbrake and door trims covered in two tone grey with pleat,s and the xr logo on the seat backs look better then the ghia saets ,they look to plain [email protected] in cochranes rd moorabbin ph 0395325338
did mine and i,m more than happy with the job they done

Sorry I didnt make it clear in my post but that is what I did. The xls has the same seats as the XR series so I just got the leather trim from the XR (which my dealer stocked) and re-covered my standard seats.

Cost $1200 nz. I also re-trimed the doors and center console in leather for that price.

cheers
Red

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info, I think he's looking to do more of a straight swap though, however I'll pass the suggestion on.

Outback_ute, 'duh' I know they wont adjust, but what Im saying is can you still put them in and just not connect them, or is it mandatory for them to be connected etc.

Bloodnut, how does the trim come from the dealer - is it just a roll or a sheet or something and you cut it and do all that yourself?

·
114 Posts
My dealer got the job done for me so i'm not sure, however I know the door leather was part of the xr kit but the center console lid they made up.

cheers
Red

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok cheers for the info guys, Ill pass it on (and then suggest he buy an XR anyway).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts