Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am planning on changing my motor mounts. I have a 90 bronco, and when I looked underneath to find a place to raise the engine, I didn't see anywheres to lift it. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to lift the engine to replace the motor mounts?

Thanks,
Bob F

·
Bronco Member
40 Posts
Bobage:
It may be better if you would rent a engine lift from a local auto store or shop. In the Phila./Del. area there are several, but I don't know in your area. I presume that you will be working on the engine from the ground. I have found that the engine lift is safer than "push-up" lifters, and more convenient. The worst thing that I encountered changing motor, and transmission mounts is that the push up lifter is usually in the way. This may lead to a problem with hitting the lifter; causing the lifter to fall possible on you. Initally though I did spec out how to do this with a push up lifter was to remove the starter, and use the space from where the starter was removed as a lift point.;)

·
Bronco Member
40 Posts
Bobage:
It may be better if you would rent a engine lift from a local auto store or shop. In the Phila./Del. area there are several, but I don't know in your area. I presume that you will be working on the engine from the ground. I have found that the engine lift is safer than "push-up" lifters, and more convenient. The worst thing that I encountered changing motor, and transmission mounts is that the push up lifter is usually in the way. This may lead to a problem with hitting the lifter; causing the lifter to fall possible on you. Initally though I did spec out how to do this with a push up lifter was to remove the starter, and use the space from where the starter was removed as a lift point.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts