Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Algae Diesle wannabee!
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got that started last night. It's gonna be a bugger. The Bolt holding the Alternator to the Passenger cylinder head is frozen. I used a "Cheater" on my 1/2" flexbar, the bolt just sprung a littlee bit.
Any Suggestions???

Also on the CLutch fan. At the Factory, I cant see somebody using a 7/16" end wrench putting that fan on. Is it necessary to remove the Fan before Removing the Water Pump?
Anybody ever tried it without removing the Fan?

·
Multi Ford Member
28 Posts
I have a 74 with a 390 and found it to be better to jerk the radiator and shroud first. It lets you get to everything EASY. I usually spray tough bolts with wd-40 and let it sit overnite. Usually does the trick.

·
Algae Diesle wannabee!
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
460 TIming Chain

Thanks Flash. It's setting in a Puddle of the stuff now. Ialso sprayed every orfice the Mud Duabers might head for.

That's a Bolt holding the Alternator on. It goes into the Head or Block near the Exhaust manifold, right on the Front corner. I sprayed it, but I dont think any of the working stuff got into the threads.
I did manage to spring the Alt. Bracket by the Water Pump bolts so I may not need to pull this bolt now. But sometime later I'm gonna have to face the Tyrannasauras......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts