Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at least FORD is FORD everywhere.......this should be a clue that the sheep are still being conned that the common hore is not quite an aussie...............:nuts:

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
MadMax said:
at least FORD is FORD everywhere.......this should be a clue that the sheep are still being conned that the common hore is not quite an aussie...............:nuts:

Gee's and I thought I had it in for Holden!

Nice to know I'm not alone...hehe

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
It's General Motors Holden anyway.

Also if it's such a prob why does your sig say "Bring on the 5.4 alloy Quad cam - time to kick some GM ass......" - did you mean the US cars or aussie cars?

Also what has Holden done that is so different - import an engine design from the US?

Where do you think the Windsor and the 5.4 you mention in your sig come from?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Brendan said:

Yeah but those motors are from FORD, If we got them from Jaguar or Mazda I could see your point.....

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Martin said:

Yeah but those motors are from FORD, If we got them from Jaguar or Mazda I could see your point.....
But MadMax's original point was about Holden being not quite an aussie with overseas sourced engines - please explain difference with Ford?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brendan said:
It's General Motors Holden anyway.

Also if it's such a prob why does your sig say "Bring on the 5.4 alloy Quad cam - time to kick some GM ass......" - did you mean the US cars or aussie cars?

Also what has Holden done that is so different - import an engine design from the US?

In awnser to your first point, either / or.........

In awnser to your second point, why dont they just call themseves GENERAL MOTORS and just get rid of the Holden name - it has no meaning any longer.................engine by GM, body by OPEL....the thing that you and the executives crow about is that Holding it is an Aussie, which it aint........

In awnser to your third point, the Winsor and Mods will be american, as yours has been , but we dont go around crowing that we have an "all aussie" like you people.......easy to fool sheep I guess......
:WH: :p

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brendan said:

But MadMax's original point was about Holden being not quite an aussie with overseas sourced engines - please explain difference with Ford?

But thats the point - Im not saying FORD is total aussie, Im saying that at least FORD use FORD and name themselves FORD, unlike your opel/ holden/ chevrolet/ general motors confusion....why doesn't Holden publicise this combination, just call yourselves CHevrolet for Gods sake.........

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
Quote just call yourselves CHevrolet for Gods sake.........
How about General Chevopelden Motors?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
eb_5litre said:

How about General Chevopelden Motors?
BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Opeldon - HAHAHAHAHAHA
OSV - BAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
ORT - :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
So are you guys saying that one the Sigma platform is adopted and the LS1 is built at Fishermans bend we can call it an Aussie car?

An applying your logic - why aren't Jaguar and Mazda renamed Ford?

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Brendan said:
So are you guys saying that one the Sigma platform is adopted and the LS1 is built at Fishermans bend we can call it an Aussie car?

Exactly. Guys, the Ford vs Holden as the most 'aussie' arguement is a bit daft, since at the end of the day, its a much of a muchness - especially as we're soon to share a US/Aus chassis platform and we're still getting yank v8 designs. How long before our i6 is replaced with a yank v6? Look at our AV, looks very European (Mondeo, etc) looking to me.

Ford US still has Lincoln and Mercury like GMC has Chevrolet. Vauxhall in the UK is still Vauxhall not GM, like Jaguar and MG remain intact. Chrysler is still keeping the Dodge name.

Guaranteed, if Ford Aus had bought into some mythical Australian car company that over time built a great reputation alongside Holden, rather than starting as Ford here, we'd be driving a Falcon sized car with a mythical name with that mythical companies badge on it, not a Ford Falcon.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brendan said:

Because we dont try and sell a 626 as a falcon, or call a Jag a falcon.......besides that, re badging a whole car is different to selling a Chevolden commondoor.............

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
Uhh, Laser = 323/Astina

Oh, and I am sure you already knew that the only interchangeable parts between the Commodore and Omega are the overhead grab handles.

People in glass houses ...

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Hobbes said:
Uhh, Laser = 323/Astina

Oh, and I am sure you already knew that the only interchangeable parts between the Commodore and Omega are the overhead grab handles.

People in glass houses ...
I noticed the power mirror switch's on the VT are exactly the same as the Saab 900. :eek: :eek:

Yeah i'm not gettin into this arguement cause reality is both are run by foreign companies and both are the most (and we all gotta agree with this) Australian cars you can get, it's just that as they say, either a ford man or a holden man, and i hope that will stay till the cows come home. :D

And EF GuY will always be a ford man till the cows come home.
:D :D

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
The point is that Ford don't hide the fact that some of there cars are not made in Australia. People know where their cars come from and whats in them.

Like until 3 days ago I thought the Holden V6 was aussie, found out that they are Nissan engines.

·
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member
1,151 Posts
what was the go with the Camry/Apollo and the Commodore/Lexcen?... ive always wondered who rebadged who?
this sort of thing has happened on both sides but i guess the big point is the Falcon cant be mistaken for anything else.. its unique.

many a time ive pulled alongside what i thought was a Commodore only to see an old man in a Lexcen.

Although i guess you could say the lack of a 500x500 HSV sticker on the back window and lack of baseball cap wearing hoons shouldve been a dead giveaway lol

·
Autralian Ford Member
35 Posts
AlbertM said:
The point is that Ford don't hide the fact that some of there cars are not made in Australia. People know where their cars come from and whats in them.

Like until 3 days ago I thought the Holden V6 was aussie, found out that they are Nissan engines.
Nissan? You are referring to the 3 litre RB30E and ET?

Isnt the 3.8litre a Buick unit?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
AlbertM said:

Hangon we'd better correct things there,
VL 1986 had the Nissan RB30 engine Inline 6, very very nice engine but it was a nissan not a gm engine. IMO it wasn't a real holden as nissan has nothing to do with GM.

VN 1988 saw the first Buick V6 125kw, rollin, this was a true commodore as i call it, had a GM engine on a GM car. But Ford Inline 6's are better. :D :D

This engine continues to serve today up till the VX now making 152kw. The V6 Holden engine is the GM engine used in the US for Chev, Pontiac and Buick. But they use the same engine but in East-West config for front drive. Thats why early commo's had vibration problems due to this fact.

Guys from the dark side am i right what i'm saying here.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts