Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my drivers side door handle decided to pack it in and its time for a new one. A mates 351 XD has chrome door handles and it suits it rather well.

So my choice is to either get a new black door handle and replace the dead one, or get a new set of chrome ones which i dont mind paying for (doesnt cost a lot).

So heres a pic of the black handles and then the chrome ones i've photoshopped on.

Im going to the shops tomorrow morning, so this is a last minute post to see what people would think :fraz:

Whats do you all think.

PS. I've ordered the clear rear indicators so I added them into the photoshopped picture very roughly, and accidentally saved over the image... so you can ignore that :angel:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
deffinately, it suits the white perfectly :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yep, go the chromies

They look good, makes the car look even more clean

Oh, and hurry up and bolt those clear t/lights on! They just seem to complete the look of the car or somethin'

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Get The Chrome Handles And Get The Clear Rear Indicators

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
Get the black ones and paint them white...that'd be what i'd do.

But the chrome does look good!

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
Chrome for sure, suits the car because of the chrome around the windows, oh yeh get those clear indicators.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
here's a pic of my mates XD, look how awsome it looks with chrome door handles

·
Registered
675 Posts
It's funny ya know, back in the early 90's when me and mates where all in XD-XF's we would never have dreamed of putting chrome door handles on!

In fact it was the opposite, black trim and handles were all the rage back then

Sign of the times I s'pose, people are after the clean look these days and I aint seen a cleaner looking XF than yours XF Falcon

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
thats one nice clean xf...
few questions, HOW LOW IS THE BLOODY THING!
i rekon you should paint hte top of the front bumper, and bottom and top of the rear bumper in white, like the series 2 xf's

·
Registered
774 Posts
Get the chrome and paint them black or get black ones and have them chromed (joke)
From the posts here i think chrome wins so what did you decide on XF Falcon?

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I went out this morning after there being only 2 posts up here, and I got the chrome door handles and the clear indicators.

Im very happy with the end result, and i'll post up some real images tomorrow for sure (the handles arent too far off the photoshop edits I did actually, but the indicators look pretty different).

Also sprayed HEAPS of crc stuff inside the doors on the mechanism and they open 10000 times easier, i swear its better than a new car. Everyone with an X series falcon with door handle issues, take off your trims and start spraying!

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heres some progress pics I took during the day. I made them small cos they are nothing too exciting ;)

First 2 pics is a before and after photo

The next one is of the rear door changed over only, and the last one is the handles completed

I'll get overall pics tomorrow some time.

·
4.1 XFLOW EFi Turbo
1,087 Posts
XF Falc, looking sweet, all you need to do now is paint ur bars like the series 2 xf's and de-badge it, look real sweet then.

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what do you mean by paint the bars, you mean like the top and bottom of the front and rear bumpers?

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
XF Falcon said:
what do you mean by paint the bars, you mean like the top and bottom of the front and rear bumpers?
if that's wat xf6250 is saying then i agree with that....

·
I wanna eat your children
4,562 Posts
man, im not really a fan of the X series cars that much....but there are a few that take my fancy....and urs is definitely one of them...

so clean, looks fantastic. Well done on a great job

u want my opinion? get the chromes......oh wait ...u did.... :p

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
xf6250 said:
XF Falc, looking sweet, all you need to do now is paint ur bars like the series 2 xf's and de-badge it, look real sweet then.
I would agree with de-badging but that EF Falcon badge looks sick on XF's, it suits it bad

·
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe
1,290 Posts
painting the bars like the series 2's was MY IDEA! GEEZ!!!!!

yeah, paint the top, and bottom of the bars, but do keep some black to break up the white...

these badges look mad

1 - 20 of 30 Posts