Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say, I've been there heaps and delivered lots of cars etc. However today I walked round the back of the pre delivery area and to my horror saw an operation which is filthy, has oil all over the floor etc, and generally speaking looked like a truck workshop. Then there was a brand new XR6 sitting with no wheels on the ground.

Not a pleasant image obviously.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
So I gather the customers are not allowed in this part of the dealership, either that or they think its the norm.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
Then there was a brand new XR6 sitting with no wheels on the ground.
What the?? That can't be a good thing.. :eek: And you say this was the pre-delivery area pete?? Makes you wonder what the workshop's like...

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a busy place so they may have an excuse there. The main thing though is imagine a brand new XR6 VCT July 2001 build sitting on its brake rotors on the ground in the rain. They used old tyres to cushion the bodyshell but that's how you treat wrecked cars - not brand new!

One key thing - I have been a customer of City Ford before and had no problems with service itself. Just looks liek it may be time to spend some money on upgrades.

One final thing - saw a new XR8220 with the badges on the rear. It goes just below the XR8 badge LHS of bootlid. Subtle and effective :D

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Will all new XR8220s have those Pete or are they some sort of an option?

Imagine some on the T Series strokers.;)

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
Didn't HJ say there was one on the engine cover (there is in the media pics I've seen) and one on the rump?

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
IIV8II said:
Didn't HJ say there was one on the engine cover (there is in the media pics I've seen) and one on the rump?
I thought that was the case with the engine cover also, but looking at XR8220's pics under the bonnet, I couldn't see it?
Wasn't it supposed to be right under the word XR8?:rolleyes:
Russell.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Rastus said:

I thought that was the case with the engine cover also, but looking at XR8220's pics under the bonnet, I couldn't see it?
Wasn't it supposed to be right under the word XR8?:rolleyes:
Russell.
I think XR8220 did mention that tickford hadn't implemented the badges at the time his car was being built, and said that he'd be called back to get them.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I don't think they were fitted to the first batch of 220's, surely you can get them from the dealers.

·
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 220 badges were not fitted on early build 220s. My car, and XR8220's car do not have them. However, dealers will contact owners who missed out and have the badges fitted at dealer level.

I am guessing mine will have the badges before I take delivery since the car is still a couple of weeks away.

G

·
0 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
I have to say, I've been there heaps and delivered lots of cars etc. However today I walked round the back of the pre delivery area and to my horror saw an operation which is filthy, has oil all over the floor etc, and generally speaking looked like a truck workshop. Then there was a brand new XR6 sitting with no wheels on the ground.

Not a pleasant image obviously.
Mate if they did something like that to my car I'll be going to the Manager and kick his pharkin arse!!
Fair dinkum there is no excuse for being a rough as guts especially with new cars.
Just goes to show the mongrels have no respect for other people's property :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts