Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what cleaning, waxs and polishing products do use and which ones have you found to be the best?
I had a bad experience with mothers leather cleaner it striped some of the red out of my momo wheel and now it always looks dirty its like it has made the leather soft and dull instead of shiny.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
You all are going to laugh at me, but I have been cleaning my leather seats with 3 teaspoons of olive oil, virgin like me of course, 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar and then buffing it up with a clean polishing cloth

Damm does it keep everything soft and flexible!

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Laminge that sounds more like a pasta sauce recipe that a cleaner.

Do you use it on yourself as well..... just joking mate....

Nipper....

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Nipper said:
Laminge that sounds more like a pasta sauce recipe that a cleaner.

Do you use it on yourself as well..... just joking mate....

Nipper....
Rather than vinegar, try deep heat in the mix, it will certainly make sure you keep your hands well away from it for a long time...LOL

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
At the moment i'm using multi brands to pretty up my car. Here goes,

Car Wash- ArmourAll WashnWax and Meguires Softwash(use it for club run/cruise days).

Clearcoat Prep - Meguires Clearcoat Prep Swirl Remover/reducer

Polish - Armourall ArmaPlate, soon to change to a Meguirs polish

Tyres - Meguires Endurance Tyre Shine

General Shineup Interior etc - ArmourAll

Bumpers - Plexus Plastic Cleaner

:D :D

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
laminge said:
You all are going to laugh at me, but I have been cleaning my leather seats with 3 teaspoons of olive oil, virgin like me of course, 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar and then buffing it up with a clean polishing cloth

Damm does it keep everything soft and flexible!

Wow, I might try using that on my fiance' ! :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is my list.

CAR WASH meguiars gold class ( soft wash is the same ) its the best by far.

POLISHES meguiars scrach X as red is a solid coluor ( no clear coat on all models ) there is no point in using clear coat preep on
my car.

WAXS meguiars hi tech yellow wax, it's a Carnauba bass and gives better protection than thiner waxs i was told by a detailer that a thicker wax can even help stop stone chips and he has an emaculate xr.

TYRES black jack its a thick silicone and does'nt come of onto car like the meguiars far better than meguiars.

LEATHER eagle 1 leather conditioner you rub it in wih you hands then wipe of any excess.

CLOTH meguiars cloth and trim cleaner gets out stains and is a citrus formula.

VINYL RUBBER & PLASTIC meguiars natural shine looks more natural than armourall, I use armourall on exterier and engine bay but try not to get it on the paint because its silicon bassed.

WINDOWS yet to find a good window cleaner as most leave streeks 20/20 is the best i have found but its not very good.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I also use Armour All Wash and Wax, I was a bit skeptical at first, used to using Turtle Wax brand but was pleasantly surprised with the Armour All product.
I'm a lazy bugger, I don't polish my car! :eek:
For the tyres I use CRC (808?) silicone spray. Spray on and wipe excess off.Only drawback is it seems to attract dust/dirt to the wheels.:(
I use Mr Sheen on inside upholstery.
Windows I've always had great trouble trying to clean, I've tried nearly every chemical known to man but never seem to get the result I'm after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts