Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Very happy GT-P owner
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After you lot telling me to put the clear Indicators on the sides of my car, I had to go do it and I bow to your knowledge, looks 100% better than the orange. See the piccie and let me know what you reckon, sorry couldnt get a wider shot, the digital camera aint that good.

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
Looks schmick, dude. Your apparition-like reflection looks kinda creepy though! :whoaa:

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
looks nice mate.

what do a set of clear indicators set ya back?

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
XF Falcon said:
looks nice mate.

what do a set of clear indicators set ya back?
Mine cost around $12 each.

·
Very happy GT-P owner
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$12 each they cost,
The ghost like apperition is actually a ghost that gaurds my car when Im not there, so beware.......8^)

·
Sideways..
1,652 Posts
teza68 said:
$12 each they cost,
The ghost like apperition is actually a ghost that gaurds my car when Im not there, so beware.......8^)
i gotta get me one of these !! :s5 :s5 :s5

·
Registered
330 Posts
XLR8 said:
Ouch, mine were $12 a pair!!

OK, you lot have talked me into it :hy: Whats the part number for a pair of clear lenses?

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
Yeah i must agree, the clear side indicators look great on the falcons. The series III falcon now comes with them standard. About time FORD followed those bomadores lead with the side lens..

·
Australian XR Member
134 Posts
Much work?

Is their much work in putting the clear ones on an EF, the shape is not the same, has anybody done it?

·
Copyright �2003
1,517 Posts
If I remember rightly, just push the lens towards the front of the car whilst lifting the back end of the lens. It should come out easily. Then just twist the bulb housing about 1/4 of a turn and the lens will part company. Now wack the new lens on the blub housing and slot back into car. :s5

·
Very happy GT-P owner
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jaytyn said:
teza, is that XR8 badge chromed? or am I seeing things :)
Jaytyn,

Well spotted my man, they are chromed, they were made up by a bloke I know here in Adelaide for me.

·
Australian Member
255 Posts
The Series III Falcon comes with those good looking clear indicators.

I was in the market for them a while ago.. Now Hmmmmm not too sure..

Want something different I think.

Will

·
Registered
330 Posts
Come on everyone..

Someone must have the part number from the plastic bag the lenses came in.... please...:beerchuge

·
Congo Green BA XR6 Turbo
222 Posts
Don't know the part number but if you go to a Ford dealer and see the spare parts people and tell them what you are after they should know. When i got mine the guy behind the counter tried to tell me you couldn't put them on without different wiring, i told him to hand them over and i would see how i went. How stupid do these people think we are?

·
Australian XR8 Member
170 Posts
Re: Clear Indicator Lenses

MikeAUXR6 said:
So can anyone assist with the part number for the indicator lenses. Presume it should fit AU1 & AU11.
Thanks.
Go to the parts dept and order some AUIII covers - they WILL fit AND are clear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Clear lenses, coloured bulbs!

Great, got the lenses, now asked for the bulbs at Greogorys Ford in Canberra and would you believe it, none in stock and even less helpful about getting some, hate to ask for new ones under warranty if I'd bought a new AU111!!
I presume that the bulbs are exactly the same as the standard clear ones but orange in colour. Have been to Repco, they don't have them, any clues to where I can get some replacement orange bulbs?
Cheers!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mike,

Did U go to Gregory's in the City or the Mitchell parts w'house? The Mitchell guys are heaps better, know what they are talking about and will usually go out of there way to find what you want and give you a part no to order. The old guy in spares in town is past the stage of caring about hard work or customers.

Otherwise the usuals like autobarn, supercheap.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts