Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Nothing beats a V8
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, im wanting a gearbox and all components to do a manual conversion for my v8 cleveland. can anyone help me out????

·
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch
594 Posts
just to let you know there are 2 types of bell housings for your clevo one fits a toploader the other will fit a single rail.
i'd recommend sourcing your own bellhousing, Dellow or something will probably have one that allows you to bolt up both boxes.

the toploader will handle most 351 combinations you can put in front of it and you can expect to pay alot of money for a toploader.
if your hell bent on driving a manual and don't have cash for a toploader you can probably find a single rail for about 50bucks, for a complete setup for a clevo i wouldn't pay more than $200 on a single rail, and it would have to have everything clutch flywheel pedal box... everything.

put it this way, i'm selling my mate a 351 clevo and toploader for $1500,

·
Nothing beats a V8
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i will probably only just get a single rail for now

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
I have a rebuilt top loader and bellhousing for sale.
The box has new bearings and synchros, it's a also a rare close ratio unit.
$1300.

Rick.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have a singlerail & bellhousing to suit and used clutch if you want it. Don't have a spare master and slave cylinder but you can get one from a wrecker.

The single rail was pulled from my XE to upgrade to a toploader, I also have another single rail that was pulled for the same reason.

Located Melton South

Want $250 for the lot.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts