Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on rebuilting my 302 clevo, I managed to pick up a set of brand new pistons and rings for dirt cheap the pistons are 60 thou over, since buying the piston I was told not to go any greater then 30 thou due to the cleveland having thin cylinder walls, so can any anyone tell weather I can or cant go to 60 thou over

Cheers

·
Resident Budget Racer
380 Posts
Hey rob302 since posting in the thread CJR09 put up I have worked on my .060 block again and realised it is sleeved on every cylinder.
It's not that Clevelands have thin cylinder walls so much as the blocks are often not case straight. Meaning areas of the bore are thiner than Ford intended/designed.
Some engine shops are capable of doing a sonic test on your blocks bores. This will tell you how far it can be bored safely.
Those cheap .060 pistons may cost you a bit more money to find a block they fit!

·
Xy ute 3v alloyhead 351
1 Posts
I had a 302 very mild only a 650 holly headers,double valve springs and an edlebrock manifold which was bored 60" . Gave it hell every day revved it to 6000 occasionally and never had a problem. Only reason its not going is i build a bommed 351 and the timing chain was getting worn. :driver:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts