Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone please help me, i have an 88 EA fairmont giah and i am having trouble with the climate control. i have 2 black and 1 green tube coming through the firewall but not connected. can you tell me where they go. RAY

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
One black one does nothing in my car it is connected to that vacuum pressure lines thing behind the glovebox but is blanked off in the engine bay, the other black one goes to the heater tap, follow the heater pipe down and you should find one, the greenish one goes to the inlet manifold for vacuum presure.

Someone may be able to provide a pic to show exactley what goes where, but I hope that helped a bit,

Jason

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Does your heater work correctly Jason???

The way you've described the hose routing isnt correct.

The Green goes to the heater tap.

Long Black one goes to the Vacuum fiting on the Inlet manifold. On CFI this is mounted on the top of the manifold directly out from #5 port. It should have a Tee peice with another pipe going away from it hooking up to one of the ports on the PVS valve

The Short Black has a check valve and another bit of pipe going directly to the PVS valve.

The PVS valve is located on the thermostat housing and has 3 ports. There is a rubber fitting which has one port blocked off and the hoses simply push into the other 2. It doesn't matter which way round they go.The PVS valve is there to switch the aircon onto recirc mode when engine overheating is immenant. This reduces the load on the A/C system.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
NZ - yes you are right, i got it backwards, light green heater tap, and black one to inlet manifold, and thanks for letting me know were the 3rd one goes, might have to look into connecting that one back up, but by the sounds of it not really needed.

P.S. - NZ you got that CD done yet

Jason

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Heres a diagram to help.

In the CFI diagram the green pipe is shown as the dark black one. Its a little hard to follow the MPI setup, but its basically the same.

Simple terms:
Green to Heater tap
Long black to Vacuum source with a T peice and a pipe running off that to the PVS valve
Short black to the PVS valve.

At the moment your heater will only blow cold air onto the screen right?

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
NZ- um no, i merely mistyped, i have mine connected correctly and all works fine, heater blows hot, and the a/c well it needs gas, but i will replace almost everything when STOKEB gets back online and confirms what he is selling was all working before he pulled it out (not convinced mine was so good to start with)

Jason

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Hehe, I was asking Ray if his heater blows the cold air on the screen but thanks for answering anyway :)

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
NZ said:
Hehe, I was asking Ray if his heater blows the cold air on the screen but thanks for answering anyway :)
DOH ! :doh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you NZ and dellboy999 for your help. yes NZ my heater does blow cold air, but now with your help i can fix that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts