Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clipsal 500 Cruise 2004

For those browsing, how many of our interstate friends are thinking about coming over to Adelaide for Clipsal?

For just the weekend or for the week?

Any clubs thinking of doing a club run?

Maybe our clubs can get together while in Adelaide.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Im going for all 4 days hopefully, got tickets for the Hairpin stand already, should be a great weekend as usual and hopefully a Ford win!!

Do you know if your club is having a display there this year i know both the XR8/XR6 and Tickford clubs have had displays in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bsmyth said:
Im going for all 4 days hopefully, got tickets for the Hairpin stand already, should be a great weekend as usual and hopefully a Ford win!!

Do you know if your club is having a display there this year i know both the XR8/XR6 and Tickford clubs have had displays in the last couple of years.
Hi Bsmyth...thanks for the info.

You're located in Adelaide, and while it's terrific you will be there, we were hoping to make contact with interstate enthusiasts if any are coming over.

Maybe I or other club members will see you at Clipsal...I assume you are perhaps with one of the 2 clubs mentioned?

Have fun at Clipsal....should be a great weekend.

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
gday guys,

im planning on making the trip over, i think a few guys from the FPV / XR club vic are journeying over.

yeh a get together of some type and maybe a cruise sounds pretty good to me!

can any of you SA blokes recommend some accomodation?

cheers

dave

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
aCCOMODATION? Might I suggest staying anywhere in Glenelg, North Adelaide, or the City 'if' you can afford to. Or look for cheap places further South or North of the City.

i.e. Pt. Noarlunga in the South. Very close the beach and a nice place to stay. Or find a Hotel/Motel somewhere near Salisbury or Regency. Port Adelaide you can find accodation at too.

·
2,512 Posts
cool thanks for that mate

where abouts is the track - which suburb?? i havent been before

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
The track is the old Grand Prix track just modified a bit. I think from memory its near Rosepark, Dulwich & Kent town on the east parklands. Anywhere around there, you'll be laughing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tickford2001 said:
gday guys,

im planning on making the trip over, i think a few guys from the FPV / XR club vic are journeying over.

yeh a get together of some type and maybe a cruise sounds pretty good to me!

can any of you SA blokes recommend some accomodation?

cheers

dave
Dave,

Another option is the Big 4 Park at West Beach.... all different types of accomodation avaiable from a tent site through an en-suite cabin for 2 or many. (Discount avail for big 4 members) Not badly priced generally, is on the beach and only about 30 mins from the track which is in the east parklands of the city.

If you advise the type of accomodation you're looking for, we can probably advise further.

A cruise or get-together sounds good. Keep in touch, and the "FPV & XR Car Club" will try and put something together. (if you are going to be at the FPV Day, Melb on the 29th Feb, we will catch up with then.)

BJ :wnc:

·
fpv pursuit no 255
386 Posts
me going but post details later gotta go :toilet:

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Will there be an FPV&XR display at the clipsal this year? Also, are there any intentions to have a pre or post clipsal cruise?

I will be positioned in the grand stand seats on pit straight under the big tree this year, will anybody be sitting near where I am?

·
fpv pursuit no 255
386 Posts
g/day all myself and mrs forte au2 are venturing down to the clipsal 500.we are staying at the www.adelaideshores.com.au at glenelg which has a variety of accomodation and hope to run into some of you sometime during the 4 day event :driver: cheers mark p.s. are you having a display at the clipsal???

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"....Will there be an FPV&XR display at the clipsal this year? Also, are there any intentions to have a pre or post clipsal cruise?..."

and

"....g/day all myself and mrs forte au2 are venturing down to the clipsal 500.we are staying at the www.adelaideshores.com at glenelg which has a variety of accomodation and hope to run into some of you sometime during the 4 day event cheers mark p.s. are you having a display at the clipsal???...."

G'day xr8 utey & blue oval,

Re the Clipsal 500, there will be a series of club displays and our club is still considering our options. Will advise asap.

In any event, we would be pleased to get together with our interstate enthusiasts and provide a cruise (or whatever) on a nominated date/time if there is some interest. (Hence this thread).

We will have a display at the FPV Open Day and (if you will be there) we can lay down some plans for a cruise/event for the evening or sometime over the Clipsal 500 weekend as is convenient.
:beer2:
Those who are interested, keep posting to give us an idea of numbers..

Are you going to be at the FPV Open Day??

BJ

·
2,512 Posts
gday BJ, id be up for a cruise sometime with you guys too, and yep ill be at FPV open day :hy:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tickford2001 said:
gday BJ, id be up for a cruise sometime with you guys too, and yep ill be at FPV open day :hy:
Tickford2001

Great...
We'll monitor this thread over the next few weeks and then see if we can meet up at FPV and get an idea of which day/time might be best to put together a cruise.

Have you bee to Adelaide before? A scenic cruise around the city, coast etc might be the go...!!

The girls & guys from the FPV & XR Car Club-SA look forward to catching up with you all at the FPV Open Day on the 29th Feb. (Less than 3 weeks to go!)

BJ

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I wont be at the FPV day unfortunately, but let me know when and where for the clipsal cruise, I'll do my best to attend as long as the drinking is kept in check!:beer:

·
black xr8
46 Posts
i would love to join in on the cruise if thats all right coming down from qld keep us posted

·
fpv pursuit no 255
386 Posts
blueoval said:
I wont be at the FPV day unfortunately, but let me know when and where for the clipsal cruise, I'll do my best to attend as long as the drinking is kept in check!:beer:
the same goes for me too,will keep an eye on this thread for further developments.cheers to all, mark

·
fpv pursuit no 255
386 Posts
2 weeks to go any ideas yet ? :driver:

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I know there is a cruise organised with the e-series boys on the Friday of the clipsal.

From memory, they meet at Bunnings at Mile End, Sir Donald Bradman drive I think. I will be there also. Time to meet is 8pm.

Hope to see you all there! Should be fun!

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I'll be coming over - have tickets for the Pit Entry stand again this year.
Arrive on the Friday morning after an overnight at Bordertown.
Despite having had a standing booking at the Pacific International for the CLipsal dates I am now back to looking for inner city accommodation - bastards.

Russ

1 - 20 of 44 Posts