Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an aftermarket clutch pedal/cable bush's that i can get to improve the feel of the clutch and stop the slight noise when engaging the clutch. It should be noted that the clutch makes abit of noise only after extended driving.

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
Ef,

Most noisey clutches i've seen in the falcons are caused by bad release bearings or worn front bearing retainers. There's not much available for them aftermarket as far as clutch cables and pedals are involved. Was the squeek there after you changed the cable a little while ago??? Make sure the cable is run correctly and that there is no kinks in it. Another thing you might want to try is remove the cover off the bellhousing and when someone stomps on the clutch for you spray some WD40 at the bearing retainer (don't drown it though.)..

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jase,

The actual clutch operation is fine, and is heaps better than before. But theres a sound after extensive driving comming from the clutch pedal bush's. I've tried greasing around the pedal bush's.

I often spray the release bearing away from the clutch disc as i get a grading noise on early morning starts but thats another problem.

·
1,764 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Jase,

The actual clutch operation is fine, and is heaps better than before. But theres a sound after extensive driving comming from the clutch pedal bush's. I've tried greasing around the pedal bush's.

I often spray the release bearing away from the clutch disc as i get a grading noise on early morning starts but thats another problem.
If you greased the pedal bushes, then it wont be that, they hardly ever go. After you spray the release bearing does it make any difference to it???

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i decided experiment adjusting the clutch stroke shorter than the specified 140mm. Must say it's alot better now and doesn't make noise.

I reckon the workshop manual preset of 140mm is way to long for the clutch stroke. I'm just wondering if theres any harm done by adjusting teh clutch stroke shorter.

·
1,764 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Well i decided experiment adjusting the clutch stroke shorter than the specified 140mm. Must say it's alot better now and doesn't make noise.

I reckon the workshop manual preset of 140mm is way to long for the clutch stroke. I'm just wondering if theres any harm done by adjusting teh clutch stroke shorter.
It doesn't have to be 140mm at all If you're comfortable with the clutch grabing closer to the floor then its fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts