Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

In the EB workshop manual and EF workshop manual, basically any falcon with a T5OD transmission they say to adjust the clutch pedal stroke 140mm from the floor. Is this right??? I reckon with this adjustment the clutch is way to high, i tend to adjust it shorter. Just wondering what everyone else adjusts their clutch stroke to.

And also will it ruin or harm any part of the clutch adjusting it shorter than the spec???

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Guys,

In the EB workshop manual and EF workshop manual, basically any falcon with a T5OD transmission they say to adjust the clutch pedal stroke 140mm from the floor. Is this right??? I reckon with this adjustment the clutch is way to high, i tend to adjust it shorter. Just wondering what everyone else adjusts their clutch stroke to.

And also will it ruin or harm any part of the clutch adjusting it shorter than the spec???
I don't know what height mines adjusted to, but after I replaced the clutch/pressure plate the pedal sits well above the brake pedal and can't be adjusted any lower as the clutch engage point is to close to the firewall, the previous clutch allowed me to have the pedal level with the brake pedal which I what I liked.

Kieron

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Clutch Pedal Stroke

Kieron said:

I don't know what height mines adjusted to, but after I replaced the clutch/pressure plate the pedal sits well above the brake pedal and can't be adjusted any lower as the clutch engage point is to close to the firewall, the previous clutch allowed me to have the pedal level with the brake pedal which I what I liked.

Kieron
Kieron,

That sounds right, when adjusted to the spec of 140mm from the floor it sits well above the brake pedal, however with the nut of the cable in the engine bay you should be able to adjust it abit closer to the brake pedal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts