Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mmmm, forbidden donut
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a rumour a while ago that Codemasters (creators of the brilliant TOCA 2 and Colin McRae Rally 2) were working on a V8 Supercar based game. Does anybody know anything more about this? Will it be available on PC?

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
It is true.
Codemasters signed a three year contract with Avesco to make a V8Supercar game which will be for PC.
The only problem is that when it gets released it might have cars that are 2-3 years old because it takes a year or so to get the car graphics right, just like GP3 :(

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
I'm going to smash into all the Holdens to make sure they don't win :p

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
gms00 said:
I'm going to smash into all the Holdens to make sure they don't win :p
I'd drive into pit lane and run over Jeff Crenan:D
And then I'd do what I use to do on GT2 when I spun out or something, do a u-turn and ram into the other's:rolleyes:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Yeah I can't wait for this game. It will be great when I get behind the wheel of a Ford and whoop those Holdens:D

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
I'm going to be Glenn Seton and win Bathurst.
If he can't do it , i'll do it for him :D

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:

I'd drive into pit lane and run over Jeff Crenan:D
Yeh and i'll go into pitlane and run over Skaife's nose.
It'll be pretty hard to miss :D

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
Tim_EF_5.0 said:
And Make sure you crash into BIG KEV at Bathurst and cut the DJR cars down to 6 cylinders to make things fair :)
NB. AVESCO/CAMS he's only joking about the 6 cyl thing!

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
yeah codemaster made toca 3. Dont get it its crap!
I got it for PSX and it sucks arse. They said it would have the falcon and commadore, which it does, but there bloody V6's! And there not even the real teams. It has Bathiurst and Adeliade but the graphics are poo as well.
Its no where as good as toca2 or GT2

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
Codemasters also made Toca1, Toca2, Colin Mcrae Rally and Colin McRae Rally 2. All four of these games were world-leaders when they were released in my opinion.

Don't judge a PC game by what you see on a Playstation, that's for sure. I've played Toca2 on a PC and the PS, and the PC was by far the better experience. That Toca3 didn't come out on the PC was annoying for me, so I don't have a yardstick to measure what a V8 game could be like.

Toca2 in particular was a game that gave me the most fun of any game I have yet come across. It isn't a full simulator and it isn't an arcade game. It swings towards the simulator side, but in not modelling every piece of reality it made the game lots and lots of fun. If anyone has ever played Grand Prix Legends they'll know what I mean when I say that full simulators are not that much fun for the average punter, even though they keep the hard-core racer rivetted for months.

GMS00 and AlbertM - where did you get your info from?

When this game is released, not only do I vow to upgrade my PC to cope with this new game, but I'll give my time and effort towards any web site that wants to host an Online Championship concurrent with the 2002 V8 Supercar series. Now we know why they only appear to race at most every 2nd weekend - so we can hold online tournaments in the off weeks!

If a web site doesn't do this, then I'll drum up webspace and even attempt to find sponsorship for prizes myself....

I was a Beta tester for a recent Codemasters driving game called 1nsane. They have taken full advantage of the DirectX 7.0 online game support and it is very easy to find someone and race them online. Alas, they don't need any Beta testers for any upcoming V8 game.......damn.

Lukeyson

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Do not compare PC to PS or even PS2...PC games are so much more detailed in the modeling aspect of things. I haven't yet seen a good racing sim on a console machine with maybe the exception of the GT series, but even they are arcadey...I'm not saying that thats a bad thing, just that they aren't my type. Like Lukeyson said, I like the game leaning toward sim, so I hope this V8 game is that way.

The idea of an online championship sounds great, I'd be in that instantly. :nuts:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Jem I don't disagree with you most Console games are more arcade than simulation but in the end its easier to just hire out a console game and see what its like before forking out $80 to buy it, I don't think you can do that on PC (unless you find demo versions).

Anyway GT3 is just around the corner and Gamespot.com gave it-
Gameplay- 9
Graphics- 10
Sound- 10
Value- -10
Reviewers Tilt- 9

I can't bloody wait I want it now!!!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts