Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, with all the Gen 4 cars Ford built, you would think someone would make some performance parts for it. Right now, I am just hoping I am a rock and someone will fill me in on where to buy a good aftermarket cold air intake, maybe a nice programmer that has been proven to give good results, and some head work ideas for jazzing this Sable of mine up. It has been a great cruiser, but after 5 years, I am ready to give it some balls.

Anybody got any good leads? All help would be appreciated. And thanks for tolerating another post by a newbie that has probably been posted a thousand times. But I swear I did a Search before I posted.
Thanks in advance folks.:driver:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Racer. I have been over there as well, just no specific info. One of the other things I have noticed is there are no heads available on ebay from any of the rebuilders for 2000 and up. I hope that just means these babies hold together well, so no cores available for us tinkerers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow I got timed out. (new to this forum) So I guess I gotta make it shorter.
No there is no good aftermarket stuff out there and what little there is is usually for SHO's. So..Here's some things you can do.

1: Buy a Hi-flow panel filter (usually K&N) for about $40 - $50 and drop it in. Your Bull already has a pretty decent factory CAI. Just not very flowing.

2: Pull off the silencer on the intake going to the front (along the fenderwell) this will free up a little more air, and give you a little growl.

OR

3:pull off the whole intake pipe from the airbox up to the front and just run a short piece of 3 or 4" snorkel from the stock airbox into the fenderwell. *note: the stock airbox isolates the filter from heat very well

These are the cheapest and probably most efficient setups you can make for maybe +4 to +10 hp depending.

http://members.cox.net/dpederzani/Taurus (9).jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts