Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Australian XR Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody fitted the insulator spacer in-between the manifold and the air intake on a EF XR8, I was told that it keeps the air intake cooler so that it produces more horse power. At a cost of $220 it’s a bit of money to fit then find out that there is no difference. If anybody has before and after results could you please post them.

Thanking you in advance
Chris.

·
2,153 Posts
On the EL GT, a phenolic heat spacer - a 13 mm thick plastic gasket, adds 1kw and 9Nm to the engine. It does this by increasing runner length and manifold volume to give increased flow, and insulating the upper manifold from the engine to give cooler-denser cylinder air charge.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
And don't forget that bonnet clearance is an issue with these phenolic spacers! :eek:o1:

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
I guess this is similar in principle to lengthing ram tubes (in that setup of course) or whacking in a carb spacer? Main advantage is in torque as pointed out by Aussie Falcon.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Jase_ELXR8 said:
Trickflow have these in kits. Spacer and longer bolts.

3/8" thick for about $45us
1" thick for about $60us
Yeah their website has just been updated and if I'd known.......

www.trickflow.com

They're damn expensive aren't they?

·
Australian XR Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thankyou for all your comments, I think the next call I make will be a supplier of Tickford parts. Thanks Jase and thanks to the rest of you guys.

P.s. Do any of you guys know the closest Tickford supplier to the Mornington Peninsula?

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Re: Thanks

EF_XR8_KID said:
Thankyou for all your comments, I think the next call I make will be a supplier of Tickford parts. Thanks Jase and thanks to the rest of you guys.

P.s. Do any of you guys know the closest Tickford supplier to the Mornington Peninsula?
Any Ford dealer.

·
Australian XR Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Help

I have 3cm clearance - Yippi.
But iv called two Ford spare parts suppliers and they dont know what the hell im talking about, has anybody seen them for sale anywhere under $220?

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
PHARK ME DRUNK!!!! Found the part number & price....

GTTVE 9846 AKT 1/2' thick spacer kit...listed for EL GT..

ready for this........$421.30.....:p

·
Shh i'm huntin more power
1,764 Posts
It'll be cheaper if you order it from the states. there's a few places over there you can do mail order from. I've only used www.summitracing.com but i'm sure other can give you a few more to try.

What kind of manifold are you going to use it on???? If it's the factory HO manifold then the ford one wont get anywhere as the EL GT had a different manifold it GT40 i think...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts