Ford Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
No, its not metellic Stylist.

Thats some damm good sales figures for FPV.

I've been told that the initial rush for BA's in general is starting to slide slightly though and the factory is slowly starting to catch up.

Kieron

·
Registered
364 Posts
i have been told by someone very very close to the top that come July-ish there will be another new colour like a dafodil yellow maybe and next febuary more new colours. so things are looking good,But totally these are not confirmed yet.

Elmer Fudd

·
Registered
132 Posts
BOSSGT

I suspect that Blood Orange must be a very difficult colour to apply. Can your very very close to the top contact confirm that it is a colour that will stay in the line up and if not what will replace it and when?

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Blood Orange will stay for now but there is at least one more colour under threat of extinction as the range is slowly revised. Looking at the colour chip for "Luscious" - the new red - it is a cross between Sparkling Burgundy and the colour it replaces (Barossa). Not too bad at all.

Cheers
Russ

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The Ute figures for Vic and NSW

Vic

Blueprint = 9
Blood Orange = 7
Citric Acid = 6
Phantom = 4
Mercury Silver = 3
Blue Pearl = 2
Acid Rush = 2
Silhouette = 2
Venom = 1
White = 1

Total = 37

NSW

Blood Orange = 9
Blueprint = 7
Phantom = 6
Mercury Silver = 2
Blue Pearl = 2
Silhouette = 2
Acid Rush = 2
Silhouette = 2
Venom = 1
White = 1

Total = 32

Combined

Blood Orange = 16
Blueprint = 16
Phantom = 10
Citric Acid = 7
Mercury Silver = 5
Blue Pearl = 4
Silhouette = 4
Acid Rush = 3
Venom = 2
White = 2

Total = 69 Manual 52.17% Auto 47.83%

Cheers
Russ

·
Registered
371 Posts
Russell,

Do you have any info on the possible new daffodil like colour mentioned by Boss GT? l would love a GT in that colour which l imagine as being like that used by Holden on the Monaro.

We are looking at a July build/August delivery so we may be in luck if this colour does become available. What is the other colour that may get the chop?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
the basic falcon has a black engine bay, do all the FPV vehicles have the engine bay the same color as the exterior & what is ment by prestige paint as an option on FPV vehicles
regards
rod

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Prestige paint applies to any of the non solid colours in the current range (which is most of them), Don't know why they even bother.

On the few occasions I've had my head under an FPV bonnet I have been looking at other things - will make a point of checking. I know the XR8's don't and it wasn't done with T3 either although the earlier T-Series did.

Cheers
Russ

·
Registered
364 Posts
he did not tell me what colours will be replaced but i would imagine that it would be the low selling ones.i was told about the barossa possibly going so that would be likely to happen.

Elmer Fudd

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
In the case of Barossa - it has happened.
It's replacement comes on stream from July.

Russ

·
Registered
132 Posts
russellw said:
Blood Orange will stay for now but there is at least one more colour under threat of extinction as the range is slowly revised. Looking at the colour chip for "Luscious" - the new red - it is a cross between Sparkling Burgundy and the colour it replaces (Barossa). Not too bad at all.

Cheers
Russ
I cannot visualise Sparkling Burgundy. It isn't a current colour is it? On which models did it appear p/s.

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,787 Posts
Did you have to post a link of your car? How's the sale going? I know it's off topic, but it's a bloody good colour and a very nice car!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks Russ

I recall it now. Just likw the burgundy of my old XW Fairmont with the white/bone interior. (God I loved that car). The new colour sounds OK. Its now great to see Ford being more adventurous in its colour range and taking a few risks. I haven't understood why car colours from almost all manufacturers in the last 10 -15 years have been so simular, predicatable and boring.

PS: Don't you guys in the East sleep. Its 10.30 is the West now. 12.30 your time. A Milo and off to bed to you - Work tomorrow!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
russellw said:
In the case of Barossa - it has happened.
It's replacement comes on stream from July.

Russ
It's been replaced by a colour called Luscious. It's in the latest version of the Falcon brochure. Can't really tell the difference to be honest though.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
plee said:
It's in the latest version of the Falcon brochure. Can't really tell the difference to be honest though.
Then you need to put the two colour chips together - Barossa is a much brighter red and has less metal flake than Luscious which in turn is browner than sparkling burgundy!

Cheers
Russ

·
Registered
109 Posts
I obviously hadn't looked that much into it! but at first glance they did look quite similar.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
JCV8 said:
Did you have to post a link of your car? How's the sale going? I know it's off topic, but it's a bloody good colour and a very nice car!
Still on the market - but then at the rate GT-p's are appearing (slowly) that doesn't matter much.

Cheers
Russ

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is an old thread...but,does any-one know how many 04 GT-P's were built in Envy..I've emailed FPV and they don't know

21 - 40 of 40 Posts