Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had fitted EBC ‘Greenstuff’ brake pads, front and back, to the TE. I thought I would let you know how they are performing. Following the 800km bedding-in period (which was very challenging, trying to drive the car slow is not easy) the car has been on a defensive driving course with lots of full on ABS braking, as well as a country drive with a couple of quickish down hill drives with lots of hard corner braking. I experienced no fade at any stage and in fact they did seem to improve as they heated up. My mags are a lot cleaner too!, some dust but not as much as the old pads. So far I have been impressed with them, has anybody else used them?

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure what the standard pads are, all I know is they produce a lot of dust!. The rotors appear fine, they haven't been inspected yet so it will be interesting to see how they are next service. The FTE mechanic who looks after the car is keen on using them on his and I was even told that the local FTE dealer is thinking of fitting them their T series cars.

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
I'm planning a brake upgrade for my XR in the not too distant future (Was seriously considering DBA crossdrilled & slotted Rotors + EBC "Greenstuff" pads)
I'm also interested in peoples experiences with EBC pads etc. What sort of $$$ were the pads? Are you still using the original slotted rotors? Does this brake setup have higher noise levels?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Mike I am eager to hear more about your car either on the board or via email. Is it ok to email you with some questions?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Wulos said:
I'm planning a brake upgrade for my XR in the not too distant future (Was seriously considering DBA crossdrilled & slotted Rotors + EBC "Greenstuff" pads)
I'm also interested in peoples experiences with EBC pads etc. What sort of $$$ were the pads? Are you still using the original slotted rotors? Does this brake setup have higher noise levels?
There are a couple of guys on the board with this brake combo.
Check out a thread in the owners section entitled "my au xr8"

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the pads online from Autospeed and got them fitted using the existing rotors. All up the pads cost $330, which is expensive, but if they live up to the advertising, they should be worth it. They were about $30 cheaper than ones from the local supplier, and I got them in a couple of days.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I notice that the standard XR/TE premium brakes suffer from heavy rotor wear even with standard pads. It would be interesting to see if rotor wear IMPROVES.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Im guess the rotors are similar to the holden\HSV rotor and wear similar with a good pad

Only one way to solve that is upgrade to a premium rotor

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
I have DBA slotted & grooved rotors with Bendix ultimate pads, brakes feel excellent and so far no fade.
Did try performax pads first........NO BRAKES!!

might try those greenstuff pads next time, they are big in europe

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Best thing I did with my brakes was not to buy the HSV Premium system and went for a pure 4 pot harrop setup

370mm front and 355 rear cross slotted rotors

Cost about a K and a bit more than the HSV setup but alot better.

With the HSV Harrop caliper your rotor size looks to be limited to is because of the mounting points.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Been using those green pads for some 13,000 ks now
BLOODY SENSATIONAL
and would recommend them to anyone, stopping power imroved, less to no heat fade, no dust and they have lasted any other pad by 5,000 in the last 12 years, yes I use my brakes HARD!

·
Australian Falcon Member
865 Posts
I've got Green Stuff pads and DBA Drilled/Slotted rotors on the front of my car (rears will be done soon). They seem to work great so far - their "feel" is so good that they actually allow me to pull up harder without the ABS tripping. On one occasion braking hard from 150kph on the highway to take a turn off I had the amazing sensation of eyes bugging and face feeling "prickly" (never experienced that before) - Felt like it pulled down to walking speed in about 4 car lengths - obviously it was actually way more than that but that's how it felt! Oh, I've also got wide FM901's :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts