Ford Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I don't understand why Holden would change from such a successful brand as commodore to a brand that at best, has a dodgy name in this country?? Go for your life Holden... :CraZ:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It may not even be true yet. there's that many rumours and bull**** going around, it's hard to comprehend what's what.
I spent the day going around the internet sites seeing who owned Opel and most german car manufacturers etc. In the hope that maybe Ford owned Opel who owns Holden or whatever.
Would'nt that be a bummer for the Holden lad's. (LOL):wink2:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
dug up an old magazine. this may be old news to you guy's.

from 2003 australia's favourite car will be built on a basic platform shared with GM's north american luxury brand cadillac.

powered by a brand new engine.

electron is the GM code name for the engine.

designed to be built in a variety of capacities from 2.8 to 3.6 litres, the electron V6 has overhead camshafts and four valves per cyl.

while an announcement from holden regarding the the new engine and the new plant to build it is still some way off. a senior GM executive has given the first official confirmation that holden will build the next generation commodore on GM's all new sigma platform.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Industry news..

The Board of General Motors has approved the takeover of Daewoo Motor, according to news agency and Korean media reports. General Motors is expected to make a formal proposal as early as next week and a formal agreement could be reached as early as mid June.

As recently announced to a group of Australian journalists by J.D. Lee, Chairman of Daewoo Motor, the company has recently prepared the groundwork for a return to operating profit for the current calendar year. Indeed the recent announcement of its first operating profits in April after nearly three years has been cited as a major factor for the improvement in the company's prospects.
Watch Holdens sales rise accordingly, once they include daewoo sales into theirs of course.. :fmad: :fmad:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A Daewoo Barina perhaps. How about Holden Nubira.
In all reality Holden are picking up what Ford probably did'nt or dont want. Look at what Ford own, compared to Holden. If I was a Holden fan, I would'nt be to rapped about the purchase.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
From what I can understand Ford baulked at the purchase of Daewoo due to the larger than disclosed debt and the fudged higher figure for the actual assets. Lets hope all is still dodgy at daewoo and GM pick themselves up a real lead weight.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts