Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice that Holden has upped the prices on the entire Commodore range? SS is up $500 for the new year. Monaro is up $600. Even Crewman and Statesman prices have been altered skyward.

Falcon prices have not changed.

Could this mean Falcon has that little extra to take the no 1 spot for 04??

·
Registered
179 Posts
philstoj said:
falcon prices went up already, jan 1st

Nope, not yet. Price rise is scheduled for Feb 1, 2004. It supposed to be 1%, which is about $300-$500 depending on the model.

Just bought a XR6T, and still paid the existing pricing. Delivery is in March '04, and the dealer said that I would need to absorb any price increase in between, which is expected from Feb 1.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
JamesA said:
Nope, not yet. Price rise is scheduled for Feb 1, 2004. It supposed to be 1%, which is about $300-$500 depending on the model.
That's correct. The only price that has increased recently is prestige paint. Went up to $315.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
JamesA said:

Just bought a XR6T, and still paid the existing pricing. Delivery is in March '04, and the dealer said that I would need to absorb any price increase in between, which is expected from Feb 1.
you only pay whats on your contract...

·
Registered
179 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
you only pay whats on your contract...
Yep, definitely thought of trying that one ....

Unfortunately the back of the contract (fine print), says that the price is subject to adjustment to allow for any increase in manufacturer/distributor costs that may arise between when the car was ordered up to when delivery is made available. It does however say that if this happens, I have the right to cancel the order within 24 hours of being notified of the price increase and get my full deposit back. That is provided they "notify" me, which if I'm lucky may not happen, and I wont know about it until pick-up day...

I'll try and squeeze the dealer to see if he can absorb it, but I doubt it.

I got my XR6T for $37,915 (excl on-roads and duty, and premium sound) which is my company's (well the company I work for anyway..) national fleet discount - but its a retail transaction because I pay for the car and own it (ie..its NOT a lease or company car).

Got a pretty good deal already, I dont think they'll be that generous, but I'll still give it a go !

Pity about the price rise. It would have been good maybe for them to hold off on this until the series II comes (if at all !), this way its easier to justify.

·
Forced Falcon
307 Posts
This price rise means shit, i sell new Holdens and they never get sold for retail. We are selling new VY2 SS for $48000 drive away and Monaro's for $58000 drive away so these price rises will only mean that you might pay $500 more but you still wont pay full retail

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
JamesA said:
I got my XR6T for $37,915 (excl on-roads and duty, and premium sound) which is my company's (well the company I work for anyway..) national fleet discount - but its a retail transaction because I pay for the car and own it (ie..its NOT a lease or company car).
You work for Toll?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Spaniard said:
You work for Toll?
Nah mate, I work for a large communications company that now uses the BA station wagon (on LPG) as its standard 'tool of trade'. (say no more...)

What is TOLL ? (is that a company?)

RATT, does the national fleet discount end for retail customers, or this special deal for TOLL ?

·
Registered
461 Posts
JamesA said:
Nah mate, I work for a large communications company that now uses the BA station wagon (on LPG) as its standard 'tool of trade'. (say no more...)
would that be the same company that once had in excess of 96000 staff, now under the 40000 mark and that I took a redundancy from 2 years ago....

if so, the standard tool of trade is the "food delivery" Bravo 4x4 and nissans.. The wagons are few and far between outside of metro areas...

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
It's just that last year Toll was awarded "Service Provider of the Year" or something like that.

Toll as in the logistics company Toll.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts