Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On LS1.COM there are a few people saying that they got notices in their mail saying that Holden wants to recall their cars to fix the fuel pumps for the second time :D
This is another reason why i don't buy Holdens.
They're complete rubbish .

G

·
0 Posts
gms00 said:

This is another reason why i don't buy Holdens.
They're complete rubbish .
Try and tell that to the Holden guys....or is that ex Ford guys.:D

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
[rant]
Ok guys I feel the need to say something here, you can all letter bomb me later. On these boards i have noticed a tendency to bag out anything without the right badge on it (i.e. Ford) which is almost fair enough, because yes this is a ford forum. However, really instead of saying the other manufacturers, in this case Holden, make "Complete Rubbish", which we all know is complete rubbish anyway. Holden, Ford Mitubishi and Toyota all make decent cars and all have their own particular good and bad points, none of them are complete rubbish, nor should we say so, we should be saying where other cars have strengths, in contrast to Fords weaknesses, this can help to identify to people from Ford browsing the board where we would like to see their product improved... It's one thing to say we need to have a 5 speed auto, etc, but put it in relevance to what other manufacturers are currently doing right, rather than saying it in a thread alone with the topic being devoted to where you fear the AV will go wrong.
Strengths pointed out in the oppositions products can be more effective than positng you fear something will not occur. Don't rubbish what is overall a decent vehicle in one cheap throwaway line, we're all more intelligent than that.
[/rant]

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
DK, I'm not into bagging the other manufacturers (except for Toyota for bringing in the Avayawn), but Holden do have some serious issues that they should get away with. The fuel pump issue is one, and another is that dodgy cardboard shield (they say it is). There have been occasions where these have caught FIRE!! I heard of this happening quite a wile ago, now it has happened again to a guy over at LS1.com while he had it on the dyno (luckily).

These are serious issues that should be handled ASAP by Holden.. :fmad: :fmad:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
That is true, I am not disputing that what I am disputing is slaging off a whole car because of a few problems. I am sure there are a few problems with the AU/AUII but is it worth slagging off the whole car/manufacturer about?

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
DONUT KING said:
That is true, I am not disputing that what I am disputing is slaging off a whole car because of a few problems. I am sure there are a few problems with the AU/AUII but is it worth slagging off the whole car/manufacturer about?
I think in this case it is. When there's a chance of fire in the engine bay which could've been easily avoided with a well thought out design rather than stuffing cardboard in the engine bay, then I think they deserve to get a serve. If it happened to Ford, I'd feel the same way.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Well what I understand of it is that there is a heat shield on the passenger side of the car that is there to protect the PCM. It seems that in some cases it may not be getting mounted properly, then there is overhang thats too close to headers, then there's fire. It looks like its more of an issue with aftermarket extractors, but it don't matter, mount the shield properly, or relocate the PCM to a safer location.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
That is kinda dodgy but I still believe what I said stands, overall Holden, Ford, Toyota and Mitsubishi makes a decent car for the price within out local market, and things are only getting better :thumbup:

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
DONUT KING said:
That is kinda dodgy but I still believe what I said stands, overall Holden, Ford, Toyota and Mitsubishi makes a decent car for the price within out local market, and things are only getting better :thumbup:
Yep, thats true.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Isnt what gms00 said is his opinion? Arnt we allowed to express our opinion on here? Has this board suddenly gone Communist?

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Martin said:
Isnt what gms00 said is his opinion? Arnt we allowed to express our opinion on here? Has this board suddenly gone Communist?
No the board hasn't gone communist.
Thats true, it's his opinion and I respect that and did not alter it in any way.... That is the way things will continue to happen, but i was vocing my opinion.

That and the fact that we are considered a pack of [email protected] @rsehole prick5 by some people in the greater area of the internet because of the attitude that if it hasn't got a Ford badge, it's crap.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
The other day i read {Herald Sun page 8} how the Australian Explorers could get recalled because of the US ones being recalled even though Ford said it was unlikely because ours use a totally different tyre. Hardly worth a story on page 8 me thinks!! And of course now i read here that some Commodes are being recalled due to a fire, letters have being received by owners and you dont hear of it?? Someone better ring the Journo up and give him a story. Ooops this is a Holden.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
DK i know what you mean but think you used a bad eg in the 5 auto .IMO.

Most motoring Journos say that the problem with AUs styling was that Ford did not sense that some of the people outside Ford did'nt like it at all when they saw it in advance. That sounds right to me but thats history now or it should be come September next year. I think the concern with AV thread might be improperly named but i think it does show David and Geoff what we really think should be out in the all new Falcon without asking the world. I honestly think that a 5 auto will be essential as Magna and Hyndai already have them, Commodore is already confirmed to receive one, Toyota wont be far off given that a Lexus 300 uses one with essentialy the same engine as the Camry and Avalon so that could be released almost overnight. What about Ford? Might well be doing one and im sure they have discussed this issue but i think its best to tell them how serious we are about not being left a gear short on what sounds like the car that we have wanted for a long time now rather than when it is released. If theyre doing one then beuty!! Hope so. But if Ford was the only major local player not to have one i would'nt buy it. I would'nt buy anything else but plenty would. Im just saying that one car can have a cd player and one can have a 10 stacker one can have side airbags and one can trac control but being a gear behind for 18 months or however long it will take for series 2 to arrive could be more serious. Ive said it.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
overall Holden, Ford, Toyota and Mitsubishi makes a decent car for the price within out local market
You joined in on all the free booze in the dorm last night didn't you... :WH: :WH: :WH: :p

Seriously though you're right on the money. It's all up to personal taste. Personally I don't like the way Holden, Mitsu and Toymotor engineer their cars, which is why I'm a Ford Man. Ford engineering suits me personally. It's that simple.
That and I've always recieved 1st class service when buying or servicing my Ford through my dealer. Nothing has ever been a problem. Ever. Taking my friends Holden back to his dealer with him, he always has a drama. No matter how small, they always throw some sort of stink. As the saying goes, If it ain't broke, don't fix it. My relationship with Ford has been first rate and I've never felt the need to look at an alternative brand of vehicle.

·
Australian Falcon Futura Classic Member
32 Posts
5 speed auto

Why the hell do we need a 5 speed auto in a Falcon could someone please explain the benefits to me because I can't really see any bonus of having it rather than to say that we are equal with Hyundai and Mitsi.
But who really wants to be compared with Hyundai.

All I ever read in car mags is that another gear is generally wasted in Australia, unless you are going to be driving in the NT for the life of the car and are looking to keep the revs down. The Falcon has enough low down torque to only have 3 gears, which reduces complications which can reduce problems to the owners. We have a damm good auto box at the moment, the adaptive shift is one of the best and all it is lacking is the tiptronic style shifter which allows the best of both worlds.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Ford Man said:

You joined in on all the free booze in the dorm last night didn't you... :WH: :WH: :WH: :p

Nope not at all :D
I just got annoyed by the way people rubbish entire manufacturers because it's not our preffered manufacturer.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Re: 5 speed auto

sporto said:
Why the hell do we need a 5 speed auto in a Falcon could someone please explain the benefits to me because I can't really see any bonus of having it rather than to say that we are equal with Hyundai and Mitsi.
But who really wants to be compared with Hyundai.

All I ever read in car mags is that another gear is generally wasted in Australia, unless you are going to be driving in the NT for the life of the car and are looking to keep the revs down. The Falcon has enough low down torque to only have 3 gears, which reduces complications which can reduce problems to the owners. We have a damm good auto box at the moment, the adaptive shift is one of the best and all it is lacking is the tiptronic style shifter which allows the best of both worlds.
The simple answer to that is we don't need it but not long ago I test drove an auto five speed with a triptronic type shift option and I have to tell you it was miles ahead of any four speed. The extra ratio just allows that greater scope for fuel consumption gains and this is going to be increasing important in years to come. T series kind of all ready has the shift option that you talk of and I found the box in the TS to be very good. The computer actual show 5 th gear when the box locks up.
If you look at a global scale the auto as we know it will change dramatically over the next 5 to 10 years with the advent of seemless ratio tranies

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
11 Participants
Big Block Ford
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing