1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
What?

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
My brother got the springs on his Maverick/Patrol re-set (they had sagged) for $55 each, but that was at trade price.

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
$55 each to reset them?!?!?!

OK... I guess 4WD springs are more expensive - but thats more than you pay for new springs!!!!!

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
ooops..that was supposed to be $55 for each pair.

Thanks for spotting that kell.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phew!

you scared the **** outta me for a second there! hehe $55 is sweet - i like the sound of that. i just don't want to fork out even more money for suspension.

thanks!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Guys you sure it costs that much to re-set springs. I'm assuming you guys are talking about coil springs, cause it definitly cost alot more than that to reset leafs.

:eek:o1: :eek:o1:

·
Crazed Cone Chaser
2,524 Posts
Yep, I am talking about coils.

Also note that I said the $55 per pair was at mates rates.

This works to reset sagged springs to their normal height. I dont if it would work to lower springs.

I say you'd be better off getting new springs altogether, its not that much more.

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
just a question.... why do you want to reset the springs?

Its safer and quicker to get new springs.

When you reset srings, your car is off the road for 2 days.

When you get new springs, your car is off the road for 2 hours.

New springs are only $90 a pair.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i was under the impression that resetting the springs would be cheaper, but after getting all the info i think getting new springs will be much cheaper...

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
update: i'm getting new springs at whiteline sometime soon. $105.50 for springs and $50 labour. MRT gave me a quote as well, but they're expensive as hell! i'm just waiting for bob to get back to me with a date. btw, they can't do more than 10-15 mm as the car's pretty low as it is... :( oh well! 1/2 inch will do me fine...

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi adviliax...

Go and speak to **** at Midas (you know which one)... he will be able to give you a better price.

Oh - and when you are there... have a look at the damage on the floor on the 1st bay (the one on the left)... was backing my car up onto the hoist, and bottomed out... got stuck!!!
back wheels where spinning... and dragged my car a good 6 inches sideways before I got enough grip to get me moving again..... left a couple deep scratches, and 2 wide rubber marks.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well, the car's been booked for 24/11/01 so i'm going to stick with that. i'll probably see **** about getting some exhaust mods done because i'd like a new exhaust to be honest! :)

it'll have to wait though... lowering first, then swaybars, then wheels, and THEN exhaust.

i'll be happy after that.

you bottomed out? shyte... i'm kinda scared to think what'll happen when i drive over speed bumps now. it's already a close shave as it is, so i guess i'll be scraping anywhere i go.

then again, i'll be fully sik moit cuz my car's scraping! fully sik! hehehe

ah, it's all good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.