Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now boostless :-(
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i had a compression test done on my supercharged AU today (as the oil catch can was filling up very fast and the car is as slow as shit at the monent, it should be going heaps better) anyway the results are as follows:

1: 155

2: 155

3: 190

4: 165

5: 190

6: 165

How bad are these results?

The guy who did it reckons the rings are stuffed and the engines doing a blowby, which i'm inclined to agree with. What are your guys thoughts?

Also the car is an absolute slug down low ie. a stock AU would cane it off the mark, could this be related to the rings being stuffed? or is it more likely a tuning thing?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Cheers.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Now put some oil down plug 2 or 3 cc and see if the low ones improve ?? If they do your rings are stuffed...

·
Registered
36 Posts
One of the biggest problems here is the variation in pressures. 155-190 is to much.
The guy who did the test should have done a wet test as well (oil down plug hole like ebxr8240 said)
ebxr8240, do you know why he was called Possum?

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Yeh wet test will reveal if it's rings or h/g.
Personally I reckon it'll be rings, h/g usually just drops a couple of cylinders and the rest stay about the same.

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
lizard said:
ebxr8240, do you know why he was called Possum?
First time he drove a car (his mothers) he wrote it off by hitting a tree when a possum run in front of him. Story goes something like that anyway.

·
Now boostless :-(
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i'm almost certain it's not the head gasket, it's not using any water. I'll have the motor stripped down and checked within the next few weeks.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
NZ said:
First time he drove a car (his mothers) he wrote it off by hitting a tree when a possum run in front of him. Story goes something like that anyway.
Exactly!!
I competed against him years ago at Mystery Creek in Hamilton N.Z in Hamilton Car club..He had tallent back then by far..Not big headed for it either...Any one could talk to him...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts