Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://rinkworks.com/stupid/

Have a read through this site, you IT people will both laugh and symapthise with some of the stuff on there :0)

Jason

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
HAHAHA... That site will keep me amused for a while!!

Tech Support: "Move the cursor onto the button that says 'Next'."
Customer: "Ok...ok...come on, move over there...come on come on comeoncomeoncomeon...DAMMIT, I went past it! Ok, get back there, come on you stupid thing...come one...OK! OK, I GOT IT ON THERE! IT'S ON THE BUTTON!!!"
Tech Support: (face in hands) "Now press the button on the mouse.
Customer: "Nothing happens."
Tech Support: "Are you pressing the right button or the left button?"
Customer: "How am I supposed to know which one is the right one to press?"
Tech Support: "Not right as in 'correct;' right as in 'the opposite of left.'"
Customer: "Oh. Yes, I'm pressing the right one."
Tech Support: "You need to press the left one."
Customer: "But I'm left-handed, and I want to press the other one."

·
"I work for Iomega tech support. One day, when I was answering the AOL message board questions, I ran across a letter complaining that this person's zip drive had ejected a zip disk clear across the room and hit her dog in the eye. The dog supposedly lost vision in that eye and wanted Iomega to pay for the vet bill. I wrote back asking for a picture of the injury. I got back a picture of a dog wearing a pirate patch."

that shit cracked me up

·
Registered
847 Posts
lol funny shit that.

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
heheh they are all so common :)

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
There are so many, but so little time, I have only read through the paranoia ones at this stage, and they are bloody hilarious. :rofl:

·
Registered
847 Posts
OMG I have been reading then for a day and a half and each one is worth a chuckle if you have half an IT brain.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
stupidity at its best but i like it none the less..

·
Sandwich Connoisseur
955 Posts
When I was doing work experience for education qld as a systems technition, we were called 300km, only to find out the reason why the person's computer wouldn't start was because their UPS wasn't turned on.

Donno

·
Registered
738 Posts
I spent the next fifteen minutes re-constructing the carefully crafted setup for this lady's unique computer.

Tech Support: "All right. Now, are you ready to click 'OK'?"
Customer: "Yes."
Tech Support: "Great. Now click 'OK'."
Pause.

Customer: "I clicked 'Cancel'."
And people wonder why my mouse pad has a target on it labeled "BANG HEAD HERE."

·
Zetec Is Better Than VTEC
184 Posts
hahahahaahhaahhahaahhaha
Thats some good stuff!!!

·
XA GS FAIRMONT 302
449 Posts
all that stuff on that site is not uncommon, where i work i do a lot of tech support and sometimes you just won't to reach through the phone and put some of them out of their missery. There have been many time's when i have to stop myself from going insane and abusing some people. Some people should be banned from ever trying to use a computer again. For example one of the common problems are trying to get people to know the difference between the office packages and windows, no matter how easily or slowly you explain it there is no hope. I say to them what version of windows are you running and they say windows 97. The funny thing is they try to argue the point with you about it. That is one of the simpler ones.

·
Registered
738 Posts
What would make that worse is although the client you would have to deal with is clearly wrong on a matter, they are certain they are right and will argue the case

How many have called asking where the any key is? :)

Friends say I should work in IT. I could probably get a job in basic helpdesk - I have no formal training in IT, nor experience, but have a bit of computer knowledge - I make up my own PCs and keep them running OK. But I doubt I'd last long in IT as I'd go nuts and yell abuse down the phone after the 20th time explaining how to fix the same problem again and again - to the one person.

I keep that in mind if I ever need to call my ISP when the connection is down and have exhausted the usual fixes at my end. It's the worst thing when you are absolutely certain you are right to find out you are........... wrong. It's much better to keep yourself open to errors on your part and not look like an idiot

Another one:

Customer: "Uhh...I need help unpacking my new PC."
Tech Support: "What exactly is the problem?"
Customer: "I can't open the box."
Tech Support: "Well, I'd remove the tape holding the box closed and go from there."
Customer: "Uhhhh...ok, thanks...."

I'd tell them to just send it back as if they can't figure out how to open the box they have no hope of working a PC

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Could write many like that just from this place ;)

best ones are always the ppl that wont give you their DOB as they dont think we are allowed to ask for it but are very happy to hand over their credit card details

*rolls eyes* morons

Have also had people ring up here and tell us they want to move their PC to another room, the reply is yes sure you can the customer was happy after that

·
Rollcage Crash Test Dummy
552 Posts
hsv_killa: "Hi *namless*, im just ringing to let you know that I have set your user account up! Your username is your first name followed by your last names inital and you password is wednesday1 "

*namless*: "Oh OK, great!...hang on- its not working...

hsv_killa: ummm...try again...no caps on?

*nameless*: um no...no caps on.
hsv_killa: ok well retype it again...make sure you take your time ok?

*nameless*: OK
....Time passes....

*nameless*: Still not working...you mus'nt have set it up right.

hsv_killa: hmmmm ok...ill have a look now...
...MORE time passes....

hsv_killa: OK done, try it now..

*nameless*: hmmm no its still now working...

hsv_killa: ok this time spell it out alloud as you do it (i dont want to leave any margin of error)

*nameless* ok..."my name" and now for the password.."w-e-n-s-d-a-y-1"

hsv_killa *Face on the desk trying not to laugh*

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
i love these stories :)

i would love to know how these people survive in their daily life if they cant even comprehend simple things

last nite i had one guy....

me : ignore everything on this screen bar the phone number box that is all i want you to type in
cust : ok
me : type 019...
cust : do i type in the area code box first ?
me : what did i just say ?
cust : oh yeah.. sorry

hehe

maybe we should all start our own page with this sort of stuff

Cheers
Chris

·
Rollcage Crash Test Dummy
552 Posts
fordel said:
i love these stories :)

i would love to know how these people survive in their daily life if they cant even comprehend simple things

last nite i had one guy....

me : ignore everything on this screen bar the phone number box that is all i want you to type in
cust : ok
me : type 019...
cust : do i type in the area code box first ?
me : what did i just say ?
cust : oh yeah.. sorry

hehe

maybe we should all start our own page with this sort of stuff

Cheers
Chris
Im with you on that one! i have so many funny things happen here at help desk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts